What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: replaced heater element and reached 95 degrees, now shuts off and back on errati  (Read 1486 times)

palmettospecialties

I had a previous problem where GFCI tripped once set temperature was achieved. I replaced the heater element and power cord on this 110 v spa. Everything has been working erratically, left on overnight and got to 95 degrees. Now it powers off and back on erratically every few minutes. GFCI is ok. Powers off and on by itself (no need to reset anything like high limit switch). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Hot Tub Forum

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Once a spa reaches the temp the thermostat is set for, it will shut off, then as the water cools where the temperature is measured, it will turn on until the water at that point reaches the set temp. Sounds like this is exactly what's happening. Sure your thermostat is turned up all the way?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

palmettospecialties

Unit powers off completely. No Jets, control panel blank, etc. Once it powers back up by itself, everything works again until it shuts off again. If I turn pump on high (heater off) it will run indefinitely without any problem.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42