What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber Flow Switch "FL" or Hush Pump failure ?  (Read 9173 times)

Holdfast04

Beachcomber Flow Switch "FL" or Hush Pump failure ?
« on: October 18, 2014, 01:44:24 pm »
Hi all - my hot tub shows a solid "FL". According to the manual that means a faulty flow sensor switch however I can see that the hush pump does not even attempt to come on.  Is it more likely that the pump has failed? I would expect the pump to come on and then shut down if the flow was restricted or if the flow switch was not putting out a reading.

Anything to try before an expensive service call?

Thanks,
Holdfast

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber Flow Switch "FL" or Hush Pump failure ?
« on: October 18, 2014, 01:44:24 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Beachcomber Flow Switch "FL" or Hush Pump failure ?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 01:52:05 pm »
 Check and see if you have voltage going to the circ pump.  If so, pump is bad.  If not then you need to backtrack from there. 

Holdfast04

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 03:18:36 pm »
Thanks Jim I will try this. 
Any possibility that a faulty flow switch might cause the circuit board not to deliver power to the pump in the first place? 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 05:29:41 pm »
  Suppose it might if the system doesn't read continuity to the flow switch in the start up, but it would still have to send power to the pump to gain flow.

aintnotimemachine

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 06:15:08 am »
Hey! I have just had the exact same problem. With FL shown no pumps or heater will fire up. It was the flow sensor..easy to replace..5 minute job..cost £75-00. All working now. These are such a simple reed/magnet mechanical switch I have no idea why they fail at all!

LeoL

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 12:22:12 pm »
Older Beachcombers use either a flow or pressure switch which do the same thing. The motherboard can detect open and closed positions of this switch. If the switch is closed and the circuit complete with the pump not running you get a solid FL. When a tub is turned on and immediately detects a closed switch before the pump has a chance to turn on this will give a solid FL as well. This is almost always the switch. Unplug the switch it should disappear and pump should restart, if the pump restarts ok, plug it back in and the FL should stay away until the pump goes off again, then it will re-occur. Replace the switch, if the FL doesnt go away, replace the board.

(Flashing FL means the switch is open while the pump is running and wont allow it to heat.)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 12:22:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42