What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vanguard leak  (Read 3503 times)

njwiley

Vanguard leak
« on: October 17, 2014, 02:24:19 pm »
2011 Hot Springs Vanguard spa started leaking. When filled to capacity, the level drops about 2 inches per day then slows when it is about a third full. After watching it the last few weeks, it has leveled off right below the underwater light lense. This is happening while all electricity to the tub is off. When I remove the service door, everything is dry, including the bottom of the service area. The cement slab is wet primarily on the right hand side. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? I heard about the Hartford Loop, but couldn't find the valve described by Chas. Does anybody know if this vintage of Vanguard has the loop already installed? It's going to be tough to lift the tub out of the recessed deck area to identify the source of leak from the bottom or to access the sides. Any advice on  how to proceed would be very appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Vanguard leak
« on: October 17, 2014, 02:24:19 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: Vanguard leak
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 02:34:13 pm »
If it stops right under the light lens that could be your issue. If you raise the water level reach in and feel the bottom of the lens inside the equipment compartment and see if its leaking there but maybe traveling behind the equipment compartment.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 03:46:10 pm »
If you are original owner, this is covered by warranty.  Hopefully Hartford loop or something simple.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

njwiley

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 12:04:27 am »
Thanks for the advice. I reached in and checked around the lens and it felt completely dry. I also tried a fluorescent dye test around the light and lower bench jets with no noticeable dye making it past those elements. I've called the dealer and will have the service department take a look, but in the meantime I plan to drain the tub all the way down, let the concrete pad dry, then s-l-o-w-l-y fill until I see leakage. I'm hoping to narrow it down to the light, jets, or drain lines. Any other ideas? It would be great to avoid having to dismantle the tile surround (it's modular construction, so not as bad as it sounds) and from having to extract the tub from it's concrete pillbox (much more difficult).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:12:38 am by njwiley »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 12:04:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42