What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub  (Read 2243 times)

WGN

hot tub
« on: October 15, 2014, 02:42:06 am »
HI, I am looking for a new hot tub. Need some help the more I look the more confused I am.full foam insulation sounds like it could be trouble if the plumbing leaks. looked at hot spring-bullfrog-jacuzzi. on the net looked at maax- arctic these spas insulate the cabinet  not the shell so they be more easily worked in to fix leaks. this will be my first hot tub,so I would the best that will last for long time. love to hear from you Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub
« on: October 15, 2014, 02:42:06 am »

Quickbeam

Re: hot tub
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 03:24:21 am »
You will find all kinds of opinions on the benefits and drawbacks of full foam insulation vs. perimeter insulation. There is one guy on here who is pretty adamant that you should not get full foam. Most however, believe the insulation should not be the deciding factor in the tub you choose. The arguments I heard when we were looking for our tub were that yes, it is easier to repair a leak if you don't have the full foam, but the full foam helps prevent leaks in that it helps prevent vibrations.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with hot tubs, but I tend to agree with those that say the insulation should not be the deciding factor in getting a tub. To me, the three most important things in the purchase of a tub are first of all to go with a tub manufacturer that has been around for a while and has a good, solid reputation for making a reputable product. Second, make sure you buy from a dealer you are comfortable with and you think is going to stand behind the product. And third, and certainly not least, is to wet test and make sure you are comfortable with the tub.

There are a lot of other things to consider like whether or not you want a lounge, energy use, etc., etc. but again, to me the most important things are the ones I listed above.

Good luck with your search and let us know how you make out.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 07:29:18 am »
Welcome to the forum.  The full foam vs insulated cabinet debate is almost at a Liberal vs conservative debate.  There are some good reliable tubs on both sides of that fence so I wouldn't make that the key selling point.  If you want reliable, I can only make one observation. I have/had a home pc repair business and I had at least 3 customers with hot tubs 15-20 years old and all three were Hot Springs.  Maybe that means they use to make them good?   ;)  I own a Sundance BTW, which has been running flawlessly for 2 years.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 06:50:34 pm »
The oldest tub I have disposed of was a Hot Springs. And they are full foam. So don't let the detractors from fully insulated tell you that theirs is better because it's not fully insulated. Insulation skeem is important. But not because of leak repair. It's important because if it's not insulated properly it will cost an arm and a leg to run. And no where in there did I say either was better. Insulation can be done properly either way. If you want the most efficient get full foam. If you want ease of repair get not full foam but make sure you get quality non full foam. Otherwise You will quickly over run the cost of several foam repairs in electric bills.

Hot tubs can leak but 95% or better the leaks are in the equipment bay and insulation skeem makes no different there.

Get a quality brand that gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling on your butt in 2 ways. Your wallet and your comfort. And find a dealer that gives a good feeling also.
Retired

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 02:43:39 pm »
Personally I prefer a perimeter insulated tub.   But, as the others have said, ensure that you buy a tub from a quality manufacturer.
This applies to either full foam or easy access foam tubs.
Good luck with your search!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 02:43:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42