What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Unicel Filters  (Read 2742 times)

stuarty1874

Unicel Filters
« on: October 11, 2014, 02:39:07 pm »
Got a couple of questions re: my Unicel filters...  (and I appreciate the answer could be determined by many factors).. but generalisation is ok for me.

1.  Our host tub is used by my wife and I plus our daughter (5 year old) every other night?  I rinse down the filter with a hose weekly... and soak in a solution (over night.. and rinse) ever three months.  How often should the Unciel Filter last us considering the above?

2.  Are the hot tub blaster units a waste of cash... or do they work?  I often feel that simply hosing down my filter doesn't do a great deal of good.

See link ...   http://tinyurl.com/FilterBlaster

Hot Tub Forum

Unicel Filters
« on: October 11, 2014, 02:39:07 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Unicel Filters
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 03:12:27 pm »
Personally, I love the filterblaster. Just drop the filter on it, turn on the hose, and walk away for three or four minutes. Best part is, I don't get wet.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

stuarty1874

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 11:01:28 pm »
Thanks for the response... think I might go get one

tomsem

• 2010 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 12:07:12 am »
    I have the filter blaster as well and I look at it as a back saver.  It is nice not having to hunch over your filter spraying it off.  It was well worth the money for me and highly recommend it.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 07:45:25 am »
    I have the filter blaster as well and I look at it as a back saver.  It is nice not having to hunch over your filter spraying it off.  It was well worth the money for me and highly recommend it.

I've lived 10 years without such a device, but having went through back surgery in January, this statement hit me just as the right time. I think I'll look into one.  I'd like to ask where you bought yours?  We don't allow advertising on this site, but if someone has a specific request like this, its ok to respond.   

I saw Dr Spa mentioned it, so I may go and check a site that I think he used to be affiliated with.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 07:45:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42