What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artic Spa - Forever Floor  (Read 8458 times)

stuarty1874

Artic Spa - Forever Floor
« on: October 10, 2014, 12:30:33 pm »
Hey Guys,  we have an Artic Spa Hot Tub with the forever floor.  I was under the impression that the Forever Floor was 100 % sealed and there are no drains either insight... or out of sight (i.e under the tub).

We currently have an issue with a leak in our tub and there is water on the floor around one side of the tub.

The electrician did drill a hole to run power but its as tight as it could be... and is not on the corner where I see the water leaking out.

The dealers tech came out last night and he was adamant that there is a "drain" hole on the Forever Floor... albeit out-of-sight.  He was a nice guy but I simply don't believe him.

He did troubleshoot the issue (at 8pm in the pitch dark) and said he found the leak.  I have no reason to believe that he didn't find the leak... but that doesn't explain the water outside the tub.

I already waited three weeks for the tech to come... and although we had agreed 09.30.. he called to ask if he could do it late in the evening.... I was pretty unhappy about that... but let him do it anyway.

Long story short is that I bought a Hot Tub.. Arctic Spa ... for 11 grand.  That is a lot of money for me and I was sure I was buying the best... and the best support crew too.

So... lets start with the Forever Floor.... 100 % sealed or not?

TIA

Hot Tub Forum

Artic Spa - Forever Floor
« on: October 10, 2014, 12:30:33 pm »

DaveMc

Re: Artic Spa - Forever Floor
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 12:51:25 pm »
My credentials are "0"---but--
Regardless of where the leak is---gravity will be the reason is shows up where it dies--it could be up hill on the opposite side.
If you see water--something is leaking--pipe, joint, seal, connection---it's his job to find it
Ask for a picture of the bottom of the tub--a picture of where this "drain hole" is--a diagram--there has to be one --even on line maybe.

Good luck--my biggest fear is utility bill--since we have a 5 year on all parts.

David

stuarty1874

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 12:54:36 pm »
You're on the money... uphill on the opposite side is where water is showing. I'm going to call the dealership and ask for a photo of drain hole.

stuarty1874

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 01:02:19 pm »
k.. I just contacted Arctic Spas and they confirmed its 100 % sealed.... seems like the tech iss blowing smoke... not what I need! !

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 02:11:42 pm »
Did they say 100 % sealed, WITHOUT any drain holes (seems to me you'd REALLY want some kind of drain mechanism to prevent water build-up simply from condensation, thereby mold, mildew and corrosiveness possibly occurring). Maybe the tech was simply repeating misinformation that he was taught, or led to believe.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 06:35:30 pm »
Long story short is that I bought a Hot Tub.. Arctic Spa ... for 11 grand.  That is a lot of money for me and I was sure I was buying the best... and the best support crew too.

How did you become sure you were buying the best? Or did you mean to say one of the best?
Retired

stuarty1874

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 02:27:12 pm »

How did you become sure you were buying the best? Or did you mean to say one of the best?

ok... I'm happy to say one of the best.  Buying hot tubs is like buying a new car.  The fear of being robbed is instilled in me the minute I step over the showrooms door step.

I think what I really meant was out of all the dealerships I went to .. the Arctic Spa did the best job of assuring me that the tub was "one of the best"... and their service techs were "one of eh best". ... amongst many other factors of course

stuarty1874

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 02:29:50 pm »
Did they say 100 % sealed, WITHOUT any drain holes (seems to me you'd REALLY want some kind of drain mechanism to prevent water build-up simply from condensation, thereby mold, mildew and corrosiveness possibly occurring). Maybe the tech was simply repeating misinformation that he was taught, or led to believe.

So they actually used the words 100% sealed but I do see a "vent \ drain" on the side of the forever floor that works like a cat flap.  Not 100% sealed but I understand what they are getting at.

stuarty1874

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 02:31:41 pm »
The tech has just left after replacing a piece of the pipe that he believes is the issue.  I think its safe to say that I may have under estimated his ability as he has showed me the piece of pipe that has the hole in it.  The tub is only a year old and we think it was slowly leaking from the day the tub was installed.

Thanks for contributions folks...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:22:12 pm by stuarty1874 »

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 07:47:36 pm »
There are drains built into the floor
. This is to drain water in the event of a.leak. if there were no drains, the entire insidevwould be flooded, if a leake developed.  This is a good thing.  I am sure that Waterboy can explain this better than me.

Water Boy

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 11:09:14 am »
You described it pretty well Rosewoodsteel. I have always called it a flood gate. The floor is still completely sealed, but on the side of the floor there is a small flood gate that will only open up one way. You can't open it from the outside so mice or rats cant get it. But, it will allow water to flow out in the event a leak occurs.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

stuarty1874

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 11:00:52 pm »
Thanks Guys... that is correct.  I'm now correctly educated on the drains on my Forever Floor...

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 01:23:00 pm »
Sorry for my chicken scratch post. (I was thumbing it on my smart phone.)
A better description of the drains, imo, is that they act like "check valves".   They keep things from getting in, but let water out (in the event of a leak).   
At any rate, I love the forever floor.   

LeoL

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 06:27:52 pm »
I do repair a lot of arctic spas, not sure about the drain hole though, I see leaking tubs filled up inside so as the pumps are in water and the tub is tripping the breaker and I always wonder why they don't put drain holes in. We've drilled holes in the floor just to get the 6 inches of water out. Baffling.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 01:37:07 pm »
My 2014 Artic Klondiker has drain (check valve) holes.  I can't speak for the earlier models although it would seem odd to me if they didn't.   Perhaps Water Boy can provide more information.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 01:37:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42