What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can anyone enlighten me on ....... Balboa M7 Heater !!  (Read 1973 times)

vauxhallmaniac

Can anyone enlighten me on ....... Balboa M7 Heater !!
« on: October 02, 2014, 05:27:01 pm »
Hi all I have a spaform hot tub with a GS510SZ  Spa Pack  I keep getting the HFL trouble code, its a 2 pump system, the heater trips in (light on full) for couple of seconds, then flashes rapidly for about a minute, comes on full again, heats for around a minute or so then trips out with HFL code. Does anyone know if a pump should be running all the time when the heater is on ?  or does it heat the water in the tube and periodically circulate it, then heating the next lot of water in the tube ?

Hot Tub Forum

Can anyone enlighten me on ....... Balboa M7 Heater !!
« on: October 02, 2014, 05:27:01 pm »

Kev B

Re: Can anyone enlighten me on ....... Balboa M7 Heater !!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 09:04:54 am »
 Heater can NEVER be on without the pump being on. (The circulation pump that is)

vauxhallmaniac

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 02:48:34 pm »
Thanks Kev, been checking the board today............. J32 PUMP connection has 4 wires from top down RED (power)-BLACK(power)-WHITE (neutral)-GREEN (earth) when in PR mode I can toggle between pump speeds (water output seems the same regardless of which speed its on!!), then for no apparent reason I have voltage off the board at the black terminal (low speed) but the pump doesn't run, pump is in a pig of a position to get to will have to remove it to test!! am I looking at this voltage being a circulation operation and therefore not pushing water through the heater causing the HFL/DRY trip out??? cant understand why the heater trips out immediately when I manually switch the pumps surely that would overcome any circulation problem!! its a two pump system, pump one has two speeds that I can toggle between & get power from the board on both outputs yet there seems to be little difference in tub jet operation!!! pump 2 has one speed ( mega !! ) and sends the tub wild so no fault there. Am I right in thinking if your tub is on a heat cycle and you hit a pump button it will switch the heater off as some kind of override function?? i'm starting to think I have lost a speed on the pump & that's the speed that is switched via the board when on a heat cycle hence the lack of flow!!...... sorry its a bit long winded i'm new to the whole hot tub thing........... any ideas!!!!..........simon

Kev B

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 10:35:48 am »
 The pump that pushes water through the heater has two speeds and the low speed should be running after pr mode. not sure if the black and white wire is low or red and white but a voltage check will determine it. Sounds like a bad pump motor.

LeoL

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 06:46:06 pm »
Is the 2 pumps - 1 circ pump & 1 jet pump  -or- 1 jet pump that runs on low when its heating and another jet pump?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 06:46:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42