What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pricing on Hot Springs Flair..  (Read 18309 times)

f6487

Pricing on Hot Springs Flair..
« on: September 30, 2014, 12:03:01 pm »
Yesterday was my first time walking into a Hot Springs showroom in Northern CA and actually looking at some tubs and wet testing a few.  It was a decent experience.  The salesman was really nice and never tried to push us.  He listened and talked through all the different models, features, pump size, heater size, jets, etc. 

So the first thing that caught my eye was the sticker prices.  I could clearly see they we're jacked up and quite a bit of negotiating needs to happen.  We ruled out the Highlife series quickly because it's outside our budget.  Took one quick dip in the Jetsetter and it's just too shallow and it seems you always have to be in a laying down position.  Probably perfect for one or two people with no kids but not for us.

Then we started looking at Hot Springs Limelight series.  We like the Bolt but liked the Flair more because it had one position that you could actually lay flat, more jets, a little taller than the Bolt, two pumps, etc.  It just worked for us better than the Bolt even though it's more expensive than the Bolt.  Wet tested it and it felt really nice.

The sticker said something ridiculous like $12,500, below that it said sale price $10,699.  And I finally said to the salesman,  Let's cut the BS and get to business here on what a real out the door price is looking like.  It's very obvious you have to negotiate or your going to get screwed. 

So this is where we ended up with pricing on the 2014 Flair.  He said he could do $9400. plus tax, less $300 by paying w/ check or cash, less $400 if we're not interested in the cover lifter.  We're not interested in the cover lifter.  So that puts us at $8700. plus tax.  Included is a cover, delivery, panel, etc.  I didn't even start working him yet on chemicals, steps, etc.

In comparison the Jetsetter was very pricey also.  Probably in the $8000 - $9000 range which seemed high.  The salesman said that the Flair is much more tub than the Jetsetter for about the same price.  I agreed.

So I'm pretty confident that I can get this price lower.  I haven't even begun to find out where this guys bottom actually is.  And I will.   I'm just trying to find out from someone with pricing experience if I'm actually in the ball park with the $8700.00 plus tax pricing or should a Flair be much lower than that.  Appreciate the feedback.

This is just the beginning of testing numerous hot tubs.  Ideally we want a 5/6 person hot tub and I could probably stretch my budget to $8000.  I really don't want to go over that.  If I can't get in a good hot tub for that kind of money I shouldn't own a hot tub.  I'm also going to look into Sundance, Marquis & Artesian to see what they have.  Thanks..
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:09:18 pm by f6487 »

Hot Tub Forum

Pricing on Hot Springs Flair..
« on: September 30, 2014, 12:03:01 pm »

kporter

Re: Pricing on Hot Springs Flair..
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 12:30:56 pm »
I think the dealer was being straight with you when he presented $8,700. Water care is usually included with some sort of base package.

I wouldn't be surprised if he holds his ground very close to that number.

Porter

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 12:41:55 pm »
I think the dealer was being straight with you when he presented $8,700. Water care is usually included with some sort of base package.

I wouldn't be surprised if he holds his ground very close to that number.

Porter

Agreed but it won't hurt to try and at a minimum it will give piece of mind that you may have found their best price.

f6487

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 01:22:13 pm »
Thanks for the feedback guys and I agree with both of you.  Every salesman has a bottom line and once you establish that your finally in the ballpark.  I've just started the process of seeing how low he is willing to go on the Flair and how many extra's he's willing to throw in.  If he wants the sale he'll make it happen or at least he'll let me know when he can't go any further..  Then I'll know I got a good deal.

Someone strongly recommended I look into Sundance Spa's also.  In particular the Optima.  I see they have three series of tubs and I guess I'll have to get up to speed on which series/model is in line with the Flair.  Again I want to try to keep my ceiling at around $8k.  Any suggestions..

dbtownley

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 08:32:37 am »
Well I would say $8700 is a great price for the Flair. We sell it all year for $9,295 without any accessories thrown it. We do try and offer discounts on accessories because they make the hot tub FUN!  Try and remember why you are buying a hot tub, it's to relax and ENJOY your time with you friends and family. If I can offer some advice, get the cover lifter no matter what it costs, our normal price is $545 (installed) but $400 with a purchase. I bet you don't get out of your car each day to open and close your garage door manually do you?  Trust me, money well spent and will make your cover last twice as long (no damage). Try and remember that we are in business to make a profit, we need to be here in 10-15 years when you need us.  Enjoy your new Hot Spring, you WILL love it!!

KCDreamer

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 10:15:16 pm »
Here is a link to a dealer in north KC, MO. The thread I posted this in, the members seem to think nothing of these prices.  I would bet the guy who is inquiring about the flair would find these prices interesting... or not?  BTW I purchased a Flair in april for $8000.00. this included, cover cradle, plastic steps, ozone, delivery, chemicals,and wiring panel. I did not like the flair and just traded it in on an envoy. my .02

http://www.cpsshowroom.com/spapricing.html

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 02:25:43 am »
Take a look at the Marquis Reward, it's a similar layout and more spa in my opinion. It's in the Signature Series (Marquis high-end), but more in the price range of the Limelight (Hotspring mid-range series).

f6487

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 11:33:23 am »
Here is a link to a dealer in north KC, MO. The thread I posted this in, the members seem to think nothing of these prices.  I would bet the guy who is inquiring about the flair would find these prices interesting... or not?  BTW I purchased a Flair in april for $8000.00. this included, cover cradle, plastic steps, ozone, delivery, chemicals,and wiring panel. I did not like the flair and just traded it in on an envoy. my .02

http://www.cpsshowroom.com/spapricing.html

I'm the guy F6487 that was inquiring about the 2014 Flair prices and I do find this interesting.  My local dealer had the Flair listed at MSRP $12,500, on sale for $10,699.  When we finally got down to getting serious about price he said he could get the price down to $9400.  plus tax.  That included delivery, cover, panel, etc.  He said he could take $300 off if I paid by check and if wasn't interested in the included cover lifter he could take of another $400.  That would put me out the door at $8700 plus tax. 

Can you tell me what you didn't like about the Flair?  Didn't you like it when you wet tested it?

What I don't understand is that I'm seeing where people have posted that they have purchased 2014 Flair's for between $7000 - $7500. 

And then I have some sales guy from Hot Springs on this forum saying that it's important they make a profit so they'll be here for us down the road.  So it's ok to overcharge someone for a hot tub because the most important thing is that they really enjoy the tub and they shouldn't worry about how much they just paid for it.  I'm all for people making a decent profit but don't like the fact that the prices are jacked up in the showroom and you have to go through the same sleazy experience as buying a car. 

You know this first hand.  Aren't you the person who said you traded in the Flair for Envoy and ponied up another $8k.  Your supposed to be happy after making a purchase, not confused and second guessing whether you just got take to the cleaners. 

I would just like to see straight up pricing. 

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:37:18 am by f6487 »

f6487

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 11:35:03 am »
Take a look at the Marquis Reward, it's a similar layout and more spa in my opinion. It's in the Signature Series (Marquis high-end), but more in the price range of the Limelight (Hotspring mid-range series).

I will definitely take a look at this tub.  So far I've only looked at Hot Springs and the Flair seemed to work for us.  Next we're on to Sundance and then Marquis & Artesian.  Thanks..

KCDreamer

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 06:37:26 pm »
Hi, back in april I purchased a flair for $8000.00 that included the wire panel, delivery, ozone, cover cradle, and the plastic steps.  i  thought that was one heck of a screaming deal!  I ended up trading it in on an Envoy because I wanted a bigger tub.  Just thought I would help you with pricing...

KCDreamer

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 07:43:44 pm »
Oh and I am very happy with the Envoy it is a fantastic tub.  Just seeing all the prices on here...  Some are high some are low.  When I person spends big money on anything, I would think most people in the back of their minds are wondering if they got the best deal.  with me the flair I purchased was listed for 9600.00 and that did not include. the cover cradle, ozone, and steps. I got the flair with all those things and paid. 8000.00 that is 1600.00 less and I got the cradle ozone and steps.  So when I upgraded from the flair to the Envoy; They salesman did not move down from the sticker price.  that is why I was thinking well he came down 1600.00 plus through in extras on the flair. why wouldnt he move down on the envoy, so that is why I was thinking a may have paid more that all. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 07:43:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42