What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Small Spa?  (Read 8767 times)

Isaac-1

Re: Best Small Spa?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 04:54:27 pm »
From what I have read the ace system is a bit of a work in process, but they are getting there.  I use a Saltron mini salt system on my jetsetter, it is not perfect , but is much cheaper than the ace system.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 04:54:27 pm »

SpaGal45

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 05:00:11 pm »
Issac-1, to clarify, the ACE Salt system is being offered for free through tomorrow by HS. So that needs to be factored in to the decision as well.

Quickbeam

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 08:35:44 pm »
ACE may be free, but from what I understand it is very costly (maybe $1,000) to replace the cell, and there are a lot of people who are complaining about high failure rates.

SpaGal45

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 11:13:36 pm »
I had seen the same thing on the forums. What I have been told (in writing) by the dealer is that the cells are around $700 to replace, and should only need to be replaced every 3-5 years. When I told him about all the cells failing at a couple of months or a year that I'd been reading about, he told me about the 5 year warranty on parts and labor, and said the cells would be covered if they failed early. You can bet I will double check that with him before I decide to go with the Jetsetter and the ACE system. I'm also going to look at the Jacuzzi J-315 and the Marquis Spirit.

Isaac-1

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 12:55:54 am »
By comparison the cells for my Saltron mini are about $120 mail order or $200 MSRP, sure they are not diamond doped to get all those good nice extra benefits and it does not integrate as well as the Ace, and requires slightly higher salt levels, which may be a little more corrosive to some parts like the heater, but at $120 vs $700, I think I can afford to buy a heater or two.  This again is not to say anything bad about the performance of the ACE system, just a quesiton of is it worth it, which is something everyone has to decide for themselves.

Chartreux

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 10:20:23 am »
Do give the Marquis Spirit a try (not a dealer), it's in my top two picks, but if only I knew what price it should be with the microsilk???

Good luck to you...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 11:16:18 am »
Do give the Marquis Spirit a try (not a dealer), it's in my top two picks, but if only I knew what price it should be with the microsilk???

Good luck to you...

If you can get it with microsilk in the 9500 range you are doing real good.  I have one on my floor right now for 9995 but I would probably let it go for 9500 depending on how easy the delivery is

Chartreux

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 02:51:57 pm »
Thank You

Sam

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 05:16:45 pm »
Is the Ace cell covered under the 5 year warranty?  I thought it was only 1 year.  And from what I have seen, none of them are lasting 5 years.  I've heard Hot Spring guys say the same.  I wouldn't do the ACE personally.  They say it's free, but nothing is free.  I would ask for a discount in lieu of the ace.

Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 05:16:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42