What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help! Ozone tubing blocked with brown gunk!  (Read 3156 times)

Debo

Help! Ozone tubing blocked with brown gunk!
« on: September 21, 2014, 09:56:01 am »
So I recently purchased a used marquis mirage (2009). Yesterday while in the tub I noticed an oily brown substance coming out of somewhere an accumulating in a ring around the waterline. This morning I took the service panel off and saw the ozone tubing was full of this light brown/amber colored thick substance. It had accumulated in every coil and in the lowest coil it completely filled the luman of the tube. So I disconnected the tube and took the tubing out of the coils and filled the tube with white vinager in hopes of draining the gunk out. So my question is will I be able to dry out the tubes or will some vinager get sucked into the ozone and ruin it?

Hot Tub Forum

Help! Ozone tubing blocked with brown gunk!
« on: September 21, 2014, 09:56:01 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help! Ozone tubing blocked with brown gunk!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 10:01:52 am »
 I would just go to lowes/HD and buy new tubing, it's cheap. You will also need a couple of check valves.  I doubt it was the source or your scum line though. 

Debo

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 10:04:47 am »
I would just go to lowes/HD and buy new tubing, it's cheap. You will also need a couple of check valves.  I doubt it was the source or your scum line though.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is a check valve? And I just notice the sticker inside the tub says it's a 2010! Lol!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 10:14:42 am »
 There should have been 1 or 2 little check valves inline coming from the ozone?   

Debo

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 11:04:33 am »
Yes there was one! Unfortunately for me, I don't have the strength to pull it off (being a small female :) but I did manage to get the gunk out and (after internet searches) did a 16oz vinager flush. Who knew you were suppose to do that periodically?? Obviously not the previous owners lol!

Isaac-1

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 10:58:54 pm »
Thanks for bringing this up, it reminded me to do a vinegar flush on mine, it had not been cleaned since I installed a new ozonator in Feb, and it was about 3/4 clogged up at the injector when I cleaned it today.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 03:58:32 am »
I need to do the vinegar flush, too!
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Isaac-1

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 10:21:11 am »
While we are on the topic of ozonators, the tubing for mine felt gummy/sticky when I did the vinegar treatment last weekend is this normal?  The ononator was just installed this spring, it is a Del brand ozonator and I used the tubing than came with it.

Debo

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 09:32:45 pm »
So glad I helped a couple of people remember to do the vinegar flush! Now I need to see if I can change my name on here cause I GOTTA TUB!! Lol

libertyforall

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 01:20:47 pm »
On a side note, Del Ozone says they manufacture the Hotspring Freshwater III system, FYI, the Del branded ones can be had for 1/3 the cost.  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 01:20:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42