What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: creamy foam  (Read 2834 times)

freeman9243

creamy foam
« on: September 15, 2014, 04:52:35 am »
Ok so my next bit of help/advise needed. Have had my new hot tub for a few weeks. Luv it. But when I check it each day it has a bit of creamy foam around the water line.mostly around the filter. It's there after the filter cycle has finished. I'm not talking loads but is this normal. All my levels are good. So is it just one of those things. I clean it.wipe it up all sorted. Is there something I can tweak for this???

Hot Tub Forum

creamy foam
« on: September 15, 2014, 04:52:35 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: creamy foam
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:20:16 am »
I'm far from the expert, but from the description, my first thought is skin moisturizers or other skin products commonly used by women. Any chance that is it?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

freeman9243

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:21:31 am »
That does seem like it could be the case as it is only a little foam.i have told my misses now to stick to one swim wear and always have a shower befor. So hopefully It is that and nothing more. Being new to hot tubs everything that happens has me asking questions.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 07:20:03 am »
We also have swimsuits that are only used in the hot tub. They don't go through the normal wash cycle with residual soap left behind.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

freeman9243

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 04:07:50 am »
Again a very good idea. I know I should already be doing all this

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 07:32:16 am »
Also, and I hope I don't come off as sexist, but I've seen women dunk their hair in the hot tub.  I suppose longer haired men could do this too, but hair product can do this as well.  We go to bed usually about 30 minutes after our hot tub soak each night and my wife doesn't want to go to bed with wet hair or half to spend 20 minutes drying it during our wind down time, so she puts her hair up.   I get tension headaches in the back of my neck and I'll sit low enough that the hairline in the back of my head gets wet, but I try an minimize that.

freeman9243

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 06:26:13 am »
Yep that did the trick. No foam now. Kept a strict rule on shower. Swim wear. After I shocked it its now clean. Many thanks

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 07:53:24 pm »
We used to have the same problem. My wife uses lots of skin moisturizers and we were getting the brown foam. She started showering before the soaks and that did away with the foam. Glad you found the source of your problem.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

freeman9243

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 10:30:35 am »
Well I haven't used it for a few days .got home today.open up the lid and it's creamy white water now. Tested it and the levels are brilliant. .what is that about? ?? I looked at the filter and seems to defo need a clean so I have that soaking now befor the filter cycle. Why and how does it go cloudy so quick when I used it Sunday and was fine?? Luv my hot tub but she is a fickle thing at times

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 10:30:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42