What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: N. Central Indiana Help me choose a Hot Tub Brand  (Read 3828 times)

raymel1

N. Central Indiana Help me choose a Hot Tub Brand
« on: September 13, 2014, 09:32:56 pm »
My wife and I are wanting to get a Hot Tub, locally we have a Royal Spa dealer and a few miles south there is a Family Leisure. As we all seem to live in different places around the USA, I figured it would be best to ask those that live in or around generally the same area.
  We are 1st time hot tub buyers, and want something reliable, and easy to care for. We also want one that is easy on the electric bill. We have not yet decided if we want a 110v or a 220v and do not currently have 220v at our home. The hot tub will be kept Outside and probably wont want one any bigger than 5-6 person.

Any help with brands and anything else would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

N. Central Indiana Help me choose a Hot Tub Brand
« on: September 13, 2014, 09:32:56 pm »

raymel1

Re: N. Central Indiana Help me choose a Hot Tub Brand
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 01:09:34 am »
anyone?

Trifecta

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 08:45:29 am »
We are a few months in with a Jacuzzi J365 and find it to be all of the things you mention. I am not far from you in Ohio and found the pricing to be excellent compared to reports here from other parts of the country...

Good Luck!

DaveMc

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 08:35:07 pm »
I would bet you have 220 in the main service panel--check th4e main breaker--what is written/embossed on it?

raymel1

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 12:02:59 pm »
the main breaker says 100Amp

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 12:53:16 pm »
What brand is it and which below does it more closely look like?

A

B

C

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 07:48:42 pm »
My wife and I are wanting to get a Hot Tub, locally we have a Royal Spa dealer and a few miles south there is a Family Leisure. As we all seem to live in different places around the USA, I figured it would be best to ask those that live in or around generally the same area.
  We are 1st time hot tub buyers, and want something reliable, and easy to care for. We also want one that is easy on the electric bill. We have not yet decided if we want a 110v or a 220v and do not currently have 220v at our home. The hot tub will be kept Outside and probably wont want one any bigger than 5-6 person.

Any help with brands and anything else would be appreciated.

Thank you.

An electrician can tell you if your existing panel is sufficient or a sub box will be required to use a 220v system. You will have better heating and likely efficiency with a 220V system.
Retired

raymel1

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 01:37:12 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 10:43:13 am »
First of all, welcome to the forum.  I'm not expert, but I think there is 220vac available there.  Having the 220 option will allow you to consider more tubs.   I have an older home and I also only have a 100amp feed.  You may find that you can be in the hot tub running the jets and have a hair dryer,ac.electric dryer, or microwave running at the same time.  For us that is no problem, its just the two of us so we are usually in at the same time. We make it work.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 11:01:17 am »
you HAVE 220

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

raymel1

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 02:13:54 pm »
so is it normal for 220v to go from the pole to the breaker box and then the breaker box takes it down to 110v?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 05:04:00 pm »
yes.

220 normally consists of 2, 110v lines, of opposite phases..pull power of any one line and you have 110v. Pull of both lines and you have 220v.

raymel1

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 05:15:35 am »
hot damn! thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 05:15:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42