What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: If you are looking to buy a hot tub....this is a must read  (Read 20237 times)

Hot tub Nightmare

Re: If you are looking to buy a hot tub....this is a must read
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2014, 09:01:59 am »
We are in Canada. We are thinking about a complaint at the BBB as well. Where do we begin to find a technician that is perhaps self employed and not associated with Beachcomber to possibly hire to fix the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2014, 09:01:59 am »

Quickbeam

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2014, 10:09:02 am »
We are in Canada. We are thinking about a complaint at the BBB as well. Where do we begin to find a technician that is perhaps self employed and not associated with Beachcomber to possibly hire to fix the tub.

Sorry, I can't help you with finding a technician, but I'm curious where in Canada you are? I'm in the Vancouver area.

Hot tub Nightmare

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2014, 09:35:43 pm »
Edmonton. Quickbeam, would you know where we would at least look for a tech?

Hot tub Nightmare

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2014, 10:43:12 pm »
Looks like Beachcomber is stepping up to the plate. My husband received an email an they will be picking up the tub on Oct 6th and fixing at no charge to us. We actually have written confirmation that yes they will be paying for the repairs. So this is good news and I owe it to at least update my review.

Quickbeam

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2014, 02:19:55 am »
Edmonton. Quickbeam, would you know where we would at least look for a tech?

Sorry, I don't know of any technicians, but hopefully you are now on the right track and don't need one. Good luck, and please keep us updated with your story.

LeoL

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2014, 07:23:49 pm »
Boy this thread seems pretty derailed. The topic is hot tub nightmare, any tub can be a nightmare. Its wrong to state a dealer issue (or lack of a reliable dealer) as a manufacturers issue, advertising the brand to the general public as the problem is very misleading. I cant see how something could go so drastically wrong that the tub needs to be taken away, I wish I was your dealer I'd have you guys right as rain. Believe me, components like jets go all the time, motherboards go too, usually in about 10 years though. (BTW your motherboard installed should only be about $650 actually). I'm in Edmonton frequently as I'm originally from there and all my friends have bought their tubs from me so I do their repairs while I'm on vacation lol. What did that $1100 bill have on it. It sounds like your heater kicked the bucket tripping the breaker and, because it was so cold, one of the pump pipes burst and drained the tub. Why was it so expensive, what was on the invoice? So much of this post doesn't make sense to me and I would love to help, PM me if there are ongoing issues and I'll send you my shops phone#.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2014, 09:42:47 pm »
Boy this thread seems pretty derailed. The topic is hot tub nightmare, any tub can be a nightmare. Its wrong to state a dealer issue (or lack of a reliable dealer) as a manufacturers issue, advertising the brand to the general public as the problem is very misleading. I cant see how something could go so drastically wrong that the tub needs to be taken away, I wish I was your dealer I'd have you guys right as rain. Believe me, components like jets go all the time, motherboards go too, usually in about 10 years though. (BTW your motherboard installed should only be about $650 actually). I'm in Edmonton frequently as I'm originally from there and all my friends have bought their tubs from me so I do their repairs while I'm on vacation lol. What did that $1100 bill have on it. It sounds like your heater kicked the bucket tripping the breaker and, because it was so cold, one of the pump pipes burst and drained the tub. Why was it so expensive, what was on the invoice? So much of this post doesn't make sense to me and I would love to help, PM me if there are ongoing issues and I'll send you my shops phone#.

Same thing said about 16 post's in.
Retired

LeoL

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2014, 12:34:39 am »
Just re-read the whole thing. Musta missed that. Anyways, I'm in Edmonton a lot, let me know if you need anymore help in the future

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2014, 12:34:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42