What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: If you are looking to buy a hot tub....this is a must read  (Read 20230 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: If you are looking to buy a hot tub....this is a must read
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 11:10:22 am »
Save 25 to 50 a month with a Hot Springs over a Clearwater, Arctic or the like? Oh PLEASE!!!!

OK maybe I was on the high side. I'll amend it to $15 to $40/month over a Clearwater in energy savings for those in cold areas or places with somewhat higher KWH rates but that's still quite a savings over time.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:12:36 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 11:10:22 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 11:50:02 am »

I would look at the fact that a full foam spa wouldn't have had as much damage as a non foam spa.  From a shell aspect, Jacuzzi and Sundance also use 6" pvc supports as well.

Your saying a full foam tub would not have shattered manifolds or wet-ends in the exact same manner as a non-full foam? Jacuzzi Jim...I have repaired countless tubs in Denver Co and the ski slope areas and respectfully must disagree with that statement fully. Unless of course you catch the GFCI trip or whatever within the first 72 hrs but many people do not and they are screwed just the same. I have a bunch of videos of my repairs of fully foamed tubs.

Let me put it this way.  Take 2 spas one full foam the other not.    Both quit working at the same time, at a temp of 100 and it's -5.   In one day, do you think the full foam spa's plumbing will start freezing before the non full foam?  I am not talking the equipment area which never has foam except on the shell, but the actual plumbing buried in the foam vs the plumbing with no foam.

I get what your saying say after 5 days. But within 24 to 48 hours I would go full foam any day. 

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 12:59:58 pm »
I love my Artic Klondiker and do NOT have large energy bills.  I'll have a better idea, this coming winter, but based on what I've seen so far, it is very energy efficient.   My previous tub was full foam.  My decision to get the Artic was based on many factors, including the fact that it is easily accessible, if/when repairs are needed.   I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  Leaking tubs are a pita and I completely understand your despair.   A good technician, however, should be able to find and repair your leak(s) and you will be back to soaking in no time.

Hot tub Nightmare

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2014, 08:43:06 am »
Just a quick update, not that anyone cares really, but I owe it to the review I wrote on here. The person who sold us the tub has been in contact with us after the marketing department notified him of my reviews. He will be arranging someone to pick up the tub in the next couple of days and they will be fixing it at no expense to us. We'll see what happens. 

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2014, 09:54:48 am »
Great!!

Steve45

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2014, 02:29:00 am »
That’s GREAT!!! After your review, I checked on Beachcomber online; frankly I couldn’t find much issue about their hot tubs. But you took the right step by writing the review. Such reviews not only affect the service providers but also the whole market, in a way. This puts a great deal of pressure on the company and they will be forced to response. I had an issue few years back, I bought my hot tub and hot tub covers from another service provider and the cover got damaged within a month. I went to replace it and they refused to cover it under warranty. It did disappoint me and I highlighted this issue in various review sites, and this forced them to replace my covers.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 06:46:44 am by Forum Admin »

Chartreux

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2014, 10:34:35 am »
To me (a hot tub consumer, hoping to buy soon) this reflects badly on the company as they really should've done better to help you out, before it got to this point of a written bad review. So very sorry you had such an experience and I hope they do resolve these issues for you. Keep us posted on when you get a resolution and hot tub fixed...

Hot tub Nightmare

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 09:48:37 pm »
Update on the Beachcomber saga...

as mentioned we were contacted by Beachcomber to talk about the concerns mentioned in the review.
 Excerpts from emails from the person who sold us the tub

he wrote

I have just been notified  by my Marketing Department that a Google Review was just placed on September 9th."
" Please let me know if you are willing to remove this review until such time as we can discuss your problems and concerns about our 31 year old company which has been built by working extremely hard at giving exceptional service, including myself personally, who was the one who sold you this Beachcomber Hot Tub."

my response:

We are disappointed. Therefore the reviews. We are well aware of your company's many accolades that was in part the reason for us actually purchasing a hot tub from you and your well established company, that and referrals. But our experience with Beachcomber to date has been extremely and bitterly disappointing. Having said that I can see how you might be greatly disappointed in the google review. I am willing to withdraw the google review for now.

he wrote:

Thanks Irma, much appreciated.  I am sure we can work to get you back as a Happy Beachcomber Customer!!

Now reading that statement would give anyone hope. Hope that there is such a thing as customer service and company accountability...this would not  be the case. The person who sold us the tub talked to my husband on September 14th and after discussing all that went on with the tub, he told us they would come for it and fix it. We naturally assumed they actually read the review which states we will not be putting another dime into this tub. So we thought, stupidly, that this would be at no cost to us.

Today first thing in the morning we got a message they are picking up the tub this morning. We had no prior warning in fact have heard nothing since the 14th. So my husband got a hold them and 4:00 is when they would pick it up, giving us time to drain the tub. When the tech came my husband wanted to make sure before anything is done that the cost would be covered by beachcomber the tech nervously said he had to call it in amd he didnt want to be in the middle was the person who said we can work to get you back as a happy beachcomber customer basically said it was on us and I quote "Its not like the repairs will cost $10,000 or anything. Yes they were actually going to charge us for this repair. So take this as you will whether it effects your buying decision or not. If you do go with beachcomber pray that nothing breaks down because guranteed you will have this to look forward to.  There warranties are terrible and leave the customer with no ground to stand on but the integrity of the company which in this case there is none.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2014, 11:14:08 pm »
Is the tub still under warranty?  I thought beachcomber on,y had a 3 year warranty on their tubs

GaryJen

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2014, 11:25:27 pm »
So what happened when he called it in? Did they take the tub?

Hot tub Nightmare

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2014, 04:55:11 pm »
We did not let them take the tub...they were going to take it and fix and slap us with the bill!! We were pretty clear from the beginning that we would not put anymore money into this tub based on all the issues we have had. On the 14th Warren the person who sold us the tub called and was sympathetic to our issues and said he would have the tub picked up and fixed for us. We heard nothing from him since the 14th he was supposed to call and let us know with plenty of notice when they would be picking up the tub. So Thursday morning we got a call that they were coming that morning. Well that wasn't enough notice for to drain the tub so they came at 3:30. Meanwhile my husband tried getting a hold of Warren to make sure that the cost was on Beachcomber the other person that was there said she would get ahold of him and find out and call us back. She never did. So at 3:30 the poor tech guy showed up. My husband felt bad because he was not going to let the tub go until he got the answer regarding the bill.  So the tech guy called in and was told that WE would be billed for the repairs. Another slap in the face especially after leading us to believe they were going to right by us. They asked me to remove my google review for such a time that they could make us happy beachcomber customers again. Making us happy does NOT include hitting us up with another bill and basically being deceitful about it.

Hot tub Nightmare

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2014, 05:00:34 pm »
When the pump and flo element went the tub was 3.5 years old so not covered under warranty.  when the tech came to fix the tub in March my husband asked about damage to the pipes because when the tub went down it was very cold we did our best to prevent and further damage by draining it in -30 cold. It was a horrible night.  But anyways the tech said the pipes should be fine it's a new tub...but now there is that leak somewhere. The tech that came on Thursday said they usually don't bother trying to fix it because it takes to long or something to that effect.

Quickbeam

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2014, 06:46:32 pm »
Sure sounds like you guys are getting a raw deal. Everything I've heard about Beachcomber has been pretty positive, but this sure doesn't look good on them.

Hot tub Nightmare

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2014, 08:52:10 pm »
Mabe it's this location because we went with them based on all the great reviews, I don't know there is someone else that had a serious complaint. Anyways at this point we sent an email regarding what we expected would happen but did not. He actually thought that our tub was there already in his email. What a moron he didn't even know which client or tub he was dealing with....We got No response, nor did we expect one given the history in dealing with this company. we are not sure what to do....we are going to attempt to do it ourselves in the Spring or look into hiring someone who fixes tubs but self employed. Any suggestions?

Chartreux

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2014, 09:29:18 pm »
Maybe try a BBB Complaint if your in the USA...Sorry, this happened to you. Hope you can get this fixed.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2014, 09:29:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42