What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: "Americano" Anyone got one or knows anything about them ?  (Read 20142 times)

AndyOlding

"Americano" Anyone got one or knows anything about them ?
« on: September 03, 2014, 07:48:28 am »
Hey all, im new here as I am about to purchase my first hot tub, its called an "Americano" but I cant really find any info about it, its new for 2014 so that maybe why but I just wondered if anyone has one or if anyone knows anything about them?
Any help or info is much appreciated.
Here is the link to the website: http://www.tubs2u.co.uk/americano-luxury-spa-hot-tub/

Thanks,
Andy

Hot Tub Forum

"Americano" Anyone got one or knows anything about them ?
« on: September 03, 2014, 07:48:28 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: "Americano" Anyone got one or knows anything about them ?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:10:55 am »
Looking at the control panel (best I can tell), I'd guess it's a private labeled spa made in China.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

buba

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 12:20:36 pm »
This is kinda entertaining..... Made in China, sold in the UK and branded as "Americano".

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 02:01:29 pm »
Sony is made in Japan and sold in America....nothing entertaining there.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

bwspa

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 02:31:21 pm »
Sony is made in Japan and sold in America....nothing entertaining there.

Depends....in some cases it's "Sony is designed in Japan, made in China (or Thailand, Malaysia, etc.) and sold in America".

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 07:22:34 am »
It looks very cheap. If you scroll through the pics in the gallery, 95% of the jets are the ones that look like the same kind from the very old vintage spa I started with. It was a Vita which is a decent model, but the jets in reputable brands have come a long way.... not with this spa in the link. They have some lights but that's all I see that up to date.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Helen123

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 08:52:52 am »
Comment deleted
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:57:55 pm by Helen123 »

Tubs2uLTD

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 07:11:24 am »
Very Unfair comments above.

1. We gave 2 days notice for delivery as the customer was excited to get the hot tub and wanted it as soon as she could.
2. All delivery information and requirements are on our website and are told to the customer before the purchase.
3. We did arrive at 11.pm as we had 4 deliveries that day and the customer ended up on the last one.
4. We had torches and lights on arrival to get the hot tub into the garden.
5. The hot tub had a leak but a hot tub engineer was sent out 2 days later to fix.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 06:52:20 pm »
So tell us. Is this a Chinese built tub imported and sold in the UK? Is it true that the safety requirements for Chinese tubs is substandard?
Retired

Tubs2uLTD

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 04:51:48 am »
Yes, the model we sell is assembled in China. The Chinese started to copy and build similar to Hot Spring hot tubs around 8 years ago, when they started the quality was VERY poor because they were using all Chinese materials, Chinese acrylic, Chinese pumps, Chinese heaters ect.

But 4-5 years ago they improved, as you know CE and TUV certificated are very important these days and without these certificates you can not sell in the EU. All hot tubs coming into the UK these days form china are  very good quality, each going through careful CE quality checks before leaving the factory. Using Aristch Acrylics imported from the USA and LX whirpool pumps and heaters, each hot tub supplier in the UK that sells Chinese tubs are so confidant in the quality they match the warranty that the American hot tubs offer. Why pay £5000+ for a hot tub when you can pay between £2500 - £3000 and at the end of the day the product is the same, just " assembled " in different countries.

Great example is on the back of each I-phone it says - "Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China

Thanks

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 11:40:13 am »
Why pay £5000+ for a hot tub when you can pay between £2500 - £3000 and at the end of the day the product is the same, just " assembled " in different countries.

Because most people know its not the same. They may be able to make it look somewhat similar (i.e. a fake Rolex) but anyone who says they're the same is either kidding themselves or is selling them!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:45:13 am by Hot Spring Ace »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 05:39:02 pm »
So if they are the same as a HS can you give me an example of a 20-25 year old Americano? Or whatever the Chinese called them back then? I have plenty of examples for HS. Research this forum you will find them.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 05:39:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42