What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: With Ozonator and Nature2 Spa Water Purifier - what other chemicals do I need?  (Read 3452 times)

kellsinferno

Hello,
Our new hot tub is being delivered later this week.  The one we have purchased has an Ozonator System and Nature2 Spa Water Purifier.  I have read that these will cut down on the chemicals we will need to use.  What other chemicals should I still need?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:31:23 pm by kellsinferno »

Hot Tub Forum

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
You'll need stuff to adjust your PH up or down depending on the water from the tap and during use. For up you can use baking soda or borax though some people are using Boric acid and bring their tub to 50 PPM - search this site for info or maybe chem geek will answer; for down - ph down.

You will need non chlorine shock mostly and some chlorine every so often for water disinfection. You may need an anti foam and a clarifier.

Here's a link on the Nature 2 stick: http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/media/Zodiac/Global/Downloads/TL/TL-2700.ashx  You can read up on what to do before you get your tub.

clovett

I just bought the Nature 2 "kit" that has everything.  You can look at it and buy the stuff separate if you want

http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Nature2-Pro-Supplies-Kit-P612C43.aspx

chem geek

As noted in the Nature2 manual linked to above, the "low chlorine" recipe uses non-chlorine shock (potassium monopersulfate aka MPS) as the disinfectant and oxidizer (MPS is a disinfectant only when used with the silver ions in Nature2 at hot spa temperatures).  With an ozonator, you may only need to add around 3 teaspoons of MPS for every person-hour of soaking.

MPS is fairly acidic so you'd keep your Total Alkalinity (TA) up higher to help the pH be more stable.  If you need to raise the pH, you can use pH Up (sodium carbonate) though that also raises the TA more, or you can use 20 Mule Team Borax which raises the TA only half as much.  If you need to lower the pH, you can use dry acid.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42