What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Loose hoses pouring water  (Read 3590 times)

Zett84

Loose hoses pouring water
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:39:49 pm »
Hey guys,

Apologize if an easy search would have found a thread describing the answer, but I'm new to hot tubs and don't know what their parts are called.

So the issue - we just got a hot tub (Jacuzzi J-325 series, 2004) and its in good condition but I think during the move a couple of hoses came loose. One seems to be missing a cap or something and spouting water upwards, and the other is a loose hose coming from the top of the tub with a male plastic attachment that is also pouring out water. I've attached pictures of both and can get more if different ones are needed.

I'm not sure if the loose hose is supposed to fit into the hole of the one spouting water upwards, or if it fits somewhere else, but regardless, water is coming out of both.

We're calling our spa guy tomorrow but he won't come until the morning so I wanted to see if we could figure something out beforehand. Can anyone help?

Images here:
http://imgur.com/eXmU25f

http://imgur.com/aYJDIRl

Hot Tub Forum

Loose hoses pouring water
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:39:49 pm »

clovett

Re: Loose hoses pouring water
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 09:49:05 pm »
By any chance, since the hole with the torrent of water coming out of it matches the hose you have in your hand it probably goes there.  Hold it there and see if it matches.  If it does it will probably, after all this time, also have a bend in it that further matches.

If it does put the hose there.

However that hose you have in your hand looks like a "barb" connection with one barb broken off.  When the water stops coming out look in the black piece and see if there isn't the end of a barb in there.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:58:41 pm by clovett »

Zett84

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:54:57 pm »
Hey, thanks for the reply, will try that. Plastic seems a little too big for the hole but maybe i just need to force it in a bit (carefully).

Zett84

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 10:11:40 pm »
You're right, the edges of the hose are uneven like they're broken, and I see the white from the barb inside the fitting. Damn that's going to be tough to get out.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 09:29:46 am »
 Plastic barbed heater bleed line fitting.   He should replace it with a new metal one if he has one?

Zett84

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 10:10:07 pm »
Hi Jim, just wanted to post that you were right on the money. This was replaced today. Now dealing with another issue, and found an old thread of yours:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php?topic=12379.0

I have the FL1 error, cleaned filters, hosed circ pump, ran without filters, am not in economy. Still shows, and the heater light won't come on, despite it being set at 104.

Given this thread: http://www.justanswer.com/pool-and-spa/66774-jacuzzi-hot-tub-model-j-365-flashing-fl-1-code.html
And particularly the comment:

"The circ pumps usually get really hot when they go bad as well. Not sure how old your spa is, but general life of a pump is usually 4-5 years or so. Normally there's nothing in particular that causes them to go out, they just wear down and quit running. Sometimes if they've just locked up, you can rap them with a hammer and they'll start back up for a while, but that's always just a temporary fix, they'll always stop again within a few days after that"

I'm tempted to believe I've found the issue, bad pump. My pump is really hot to the touch, and the chrome heater tubes are just at ambient temperature. Don't know if the pump was ever replaced after 2004, finding out now. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

clovett

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 10:05:30 am »
When you replace it see if you can get a Laing ceramic replacement.  They run quieter and cooler plus if they don't get water they shutdown.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 10:05:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42