What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Roller - cover storage  (Read 1727 times)

Tokaydad

The Roller - cover storage
« on: August 19, 2014, 11:39:41 am »
Just installed "The Roller" on our hot tub. This is a great method of removing the cover off your tub. Simply pull up the 2 arms up, fold your cover in half and pull it onto the roller. You can move the cover with one hand! It also makes your cover a convenient shelf for your towel, book, etc. until you get in the tub.
The reason we went with this system is that we do not have room for the traditional cover removers. The only real open side to our tub is where the access door is so this system works perfect for us!

Hot Tub Forum

The Roller - cover storage
« on: August 19, 2014, 11:39:41 am »

Budule

Re: The Roller - cover storage
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 06:19:40 pm »
Just a word of caution as that is the same thing I wanted on my tub (which is coming tomorrow !!!)  but my dealer wouldn't do it , he said he used to sell them but after the covers started getting "heavy" . the screws started pulling out of the tubs (not wood ones but the new synthetics ) so he quit using them ......you my want to reinforce it on the inside somehow , I still my get that kind but I will attach it to my fence instead of the tub if I do..... 

Tokaydad

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 11:40:42 pm »
I have an older Hydropool tub and I actually drilled through the wooden frame and attached the roller with nuts and bolts. I had read elsewhere of weight issues. I was not sure of how other people mounted theirs but mine is bolted through the actual framework and not the thinner wood panels.

Edward45

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 07:51:21 am »
That's true, cover rollers will, in time, rip the frame off the tub. I have a 5-person square framed multi-jet tub in my garden and I've got premium style hot tub covers for it. I thought of having the rollers attached to the frame, but from what I saw in-person, I slightly renewed the design. I had an extra 90 degree angled triangle frame fixed to the ground to support the weight of the tub attached roller. Even if the roller gets heavy, as the cover gets heavier in time, the weight won't be on the tub frame, instead that weight will be handled by the frame attached to the ground.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:14:15 am by Forum Admin »

Quickbeam

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 11:01:03 am »
That's true, cover rollers will, in time, rip the frame off the tub. I have a 5-person square framed multi-jet tub in my garden and I've got premium style hot tub covers for it. I thought of having the rollers attached to the frame, but from what I saw in-person, I slightly renewed the design. I had an extra 90 degree angled triangle frame fixed to the ground to support the weight of the tub attached roller. Even if the roller gets heavy, as the cover gets heavier in time, the weight won't be on the tub frame, instead that weight will be handled by the frame attached to the ground.

Any chance you could post pictures or even a drawing or something of your set up?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 11:01:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42