What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aah-Some and Water Chemistry  (Read 3860 times)

Quickbeam

Aah-Some and Water Chemistry
« on: August 15, 2014, 01:04:10 pm »
I have just used Aah-Some to clean my tub and am in the process of refilling. I remember reading somewhere that it was recommended to add a small amount of Aah-Some on a weekly basis. I was wondering if anyone has used this product on a weekly basis, and if so, did it affect your water chemistry? I am particularly interested to know if it affected either your PH, TA, or CH.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Hot Tub Forum

Aah-Some and Water Chemistry
« on: August 15, 2014, 01:04:10 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Aah-Some and Water Chemistry
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:46:14 pm »
I believe the ahh-some is used weekly for jetted tubs not hot tubs. It will produce too much foam I would imagine. I will say that it was totally crazy just how much foam it made and I used a little less then the recommended dose.

chem geek

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 12:22:55 am »
Yes, the Ahh-Some is best used to clean out greases, oils, and biofilms.  Jetted spas especially when the jets are not in frequent use can develop biofilms in the jets and that's when Ahh-Some can clean out their biofilms, but with most spas it's best used just before you change the water.

Quickbeam

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 05:21:00 pm »
Thanks Vinny and Chem Geek,

What you say makes more sense to me. I also got a ton of foam when I used it. Wasn't quite sure how that would work on a weekly basis.

Loved the product though. Had some unexpected results for me. I'll put up another post on it in the next few days.

rin-spa-aic

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 01:33:40 pm »
I believe the ahh-some is used weekly for jetted tubs not hot tubs. It will produce too much foam I would imagine. I will say that it was totally crazy just how much foam it made and I used a little less then the recommended dose.

Agree with that. 1st time I used Ahh-some I had to drain and refill twice because of the foam.

Have been using Sea-Klear for water changes since then.

Haven't noticed any affect on chemistry.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 08:39:32 pm »
I used to use Swirl Away years ago and it does work and then this past year I let my tub go and it was NASTY!!! I do like Seaklear products and bought some System flush on ebay but heard about Ahh-some and purchased that on ebay a day later. The Ahh-some came first and I used the whole bottle in 3 cleanings back to back. I did the type of cleaning that I left the Ahh-some overnight and it was taking crap out of my spa like you wouldn't believe! Even on the 3rd cleaning there was still stuff clinging to the spa walls to be wiped off ... I guess after 9 years of spa ownership the lines were pretty bad even though I had kept up with the water chemistry before last year.

Anyway, I still have the Seaclear system flush and I probably will hit the tub with it before winter sets in but I do plan on using the Ahh-some again in the spring - I was amazed on how much gunk it was removing. I think the cleaning up after it is worth it due to what it probably is removing from the lines.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 08:39:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42