What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Mistake on a Grandee scale.  (Read 39284 times)

NZArtist

Re: Mistake on a Grandee scale.
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 06:38:36 pm »
If you use the same attitude with them that you are using here, they are most likely taking their time for a reason.

Thank you for your helpful reply.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 06:38:36 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 08:09:16 pm »

I called up Hotspring 'service' again this morning asking where my technician was.  The service manager said he was surprised I hadn't seen a technician yet.  Anyone else here surprised?

Don't you mean you called your dealer (not the actual manufacturer)?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 01:05:14 am »
  Where is the BS flag?   Bill time to cull the heard, my best guess is he is related to vortex spa's some how.

GGRANDEE

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 12:09:52 pm »
JJ, LOL ;D. It sure sounds like it. Nobody has been on a tirade like that since 2 nights ago in Ferguson Missouri...

NZArtist

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 04:25:22 pm »
Thanks for your concern.
Yes I do own a Hotspring Grandee mistake.  I can post photographs of the thing with a copy of the receipt if you like.
I'm so very pleased you all minimize my experience with Hotspring, call me not smart, and a liar.  It makes me feel all that much better about my experience.

So yesterday the technician replaced the pump.  He accused me of doing something wrong - of not maintaining the chemical balance.  We pointed out I check it every single week and keep it balanced (I've owned a spa pool before - it's not difficult).
He said nevertheless if the pump fails again, even under warranty, I'll be charged for the replacement.
So now begins the marathon of heating the behemoth again with it's completely underpowered 1.5kW heater.  Yesterday at 3pm the water going into the spa was 14 Deg C.  This morning at 8:15am the temperature was 27 deg C.  Got another 11 degrees to crawl up before I can use the spa.  I wonder if it will be done by this evening.

So to recap the service experience:  The service man was outside their committed time (without any phone or email contact by way of explanation).  The motor failed because I was doing something wrong - we cant say what, but it must have been, right?  And if it fails again I'll be charged for it, even if it's in warranty.
This company is a bad joke.  Their spa pools are atrocious.  Worst spa I've ever owned.  Will *not* be buying another Hotspring spa ever.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:30:33 pm by NZArtist »

NZArtist

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 04:34:23 pm »

I called up Hotspring 'service' again this morning asking where my technician was.  The service manager said he was surprised I hadn't seen a technician yet.  Anyone else here surprised?

Don't you mean you called your dealer (not the actual manufacturer)?

I mean I deal with Hotspring Spa in 35 William Pickering Drive, Albany, Auckland, New Zealand.  They don't manufacture the spa-pools there, no. 
The spa pools are imported from the US.  It takes a *long* time.  Well worth the wait though. Oh, wait, no it wasn't.

NZArtist

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 06:20:14 pm »
10:15 am - heater has been running for 19 hours.
Current temperature is 28.5 deg C  (83.3 deg F)
My target temperature is 38.5 deg C  (101.3 deg F)

I don't think I'm going to get to have a spa this evening.

NZArtist

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 08:20:50 pm »
12:15pm
30.5 Deg C  (86.9 Deg F)

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2014, 08:24:30 pm »
10:15 am - heater has been running for 19 hours.
Current temperature is 28.5 deg C  (83.3 deg F)
My target temperature is 38.5 deg C  (101.3 deg F)

I don't think I'm going to get to have a spa this evening.

Did I all-of-a-sudden switch to Facebook? Play by boring play...  We don't care any more. We used to right up until you posted your second word of your first post.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2014, 08:57:51 pm »
So did you upgrade to the 3kw heater as discussed earlier in the thread, or are you expecting a faster heating time out of the same 1.2kw heater that you're already unsatisfied with?

Budule

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2014, 09:50:01 pm »
Ok , I know its "buyer beware" and everyone is responsible for there own research but if they do sell a tub this big with basically a bic lighter for a heater  , then that sounds almost criminal to me .....a hot tub that wont get hot ?

NZArtist

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2014, 10:25:30 pm »
2:15pm
32 Deg C (89.6 Deg F)

NZArtist

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2014, 10:39:07 pm »
So did you upgrade to the 3kw heater as discussed earlier in the thread, or are you expecting a faster heating time out of the same 1.2kw heater that you're already unsatisfied with?

Not yet.  I'm not going to modify it until it's out of warranty.  If I do anything after market Hotspring will refuse to honor their warranty.  They're already threatening not to replace my pump seals if they fail again even if it's in warranty.

NZArtist

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2014, 12:19:07 am »
4:15pm
34 Deg C  (93.2 Deg F)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2014, 01:13:12 am »
Sorry the tech was late, and tried to tell you they will not honor the warranty 'next time.'

That is not true - the manufacturer will honor the warranty. Here, it's five years on the pumps. If I replace a pump, it will be covered until the tub is five years old.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2014, 01:13:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42