What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Euphoria Troubleshooting HELP  (Read 6571 times)

Canada

Marquis Euphoria Troubleshooting HELP
« on: July 30, 2014, 08:12:01 pm »
Hi,

We have had our Marquis Euphoria for about 9 months now.  We love it, EXCEPT, one of the pumps (pump #1) has reduced power coming out of the jets.  We have had a couple of technical reps come and check and nobody can identify the problem and they all say the hot tub is working fine.  However, there is no doubt that one of the jets is no longer working at full capacity.  The problem is most apparent in the whirlpool function...if we put both jets on whirlpool function (thereby comparing apples to apples) jet #1 is probably only 60% as strong compared to jet #2. 

Is there a way or tool that can measure the power of the jets (I think it is called GPM)?  I am convinced there is a problem yet the "experts" don't seem to agree with me.  I feel like I need proof to show them there is a problem.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Euphoria Troubleshooting HELP
« on: July 30, 2014, 08:12:01 pm »

Budule

Re: Marquis Euphoria Troubleshooting HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 08:58:15 pm »
Somebody else here had the same thing going on I believe , they  ( company ) didn't want to dig the foam out and tried to get him to "live with it "  but he insisted......turned out to be a kinked line.......

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 09:47:20 pm »
Hi,

We have had our Marquis Euphoria for about 9 months now.  We love it, EXCEPT, one of the pumps (pump #1) has reduced power coming out of the jets.  We have had a couple of technical reps come and check and nobody can identify the problem and they all say the hot tub is working fine.  However, there is no doubt that one of the jets is no longer working at full capacity.  The problem is most apparent in the whirlpool function...if we put both jets on whirlpool function (thereby comparing apples to apples) jet #1 is probably only 60% as strong compared to jet #2.

Is there a way or tool that can measure the power of the jets (I think it is called GPM)?  I am convinced there is a problem yet the "experts" don't seem to agree with me.  I feel like I need proof to show them there is a problem.

Thanks!

When both the whirlpools are on are both the air lines open?  That can make it less powerful. Also I'm sure you've checked this but when you turn the whirlpool jets on those are the only jet on correct? 

Canada

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 09:49:55 pm »
Hi and thanks for responding to my question,

Yes, the air lines are both open and only the whirlpool jets are on.

Thanks.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 09:56:21 pm »
Did you show the techs the whirlpool jets on and point out the difference?  I doubt it's a bad pump sound more like some sort of a blockage in a line. Did they check in the equipment area where the pump is to make sure the slice valves are all the way open?  Has this been a issue since you received the tub or something new?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 10:03:37 pm »
Somebody else here had the same thing going on I believe , they  ( company ) didn't want to dig the foam out and tried to get him to "live with it "  but he insisted......turned out to be a kinked line.......

This but it would have been like that from the start not all of a sudden, least one would think.    Not mentioned and you may have done it already?  But try removing the filter.  Marquis spa's don't have circ pumps so it's possible you have a clogged filter restricting flow worth a try anyway.. 

Canada

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 11:41:24 am »
I have cleaned all filters but still no changes.

Do you know if a hot tub water pressure meter exists on the market that can measure the pressure coming from the jets?  This would be able to prove to the dealer that a problem does exist.

Thanks.

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 03:30:36 am »
Have you tried running it without the filters?  Sometimes filters can look clean but can have body oils soaked in to them, and can limit flow.

If your spa has any exposure to leaves or other debris,
I have seen leaves get sucked in after changing filters or cleaning filters  in rare occurrences. The pump will still function, but will have significantly less flow. If you suspect this, you will want to loosen the pump union and inspect the pump impeller on the pump that powers the side of the spa that you are having trouble with.

Also, keep in mind the pump that is running the water features will be approximately 10% less powerful than the other pump if the water feature is cranked on full blast.

meriflower

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 12:43:36 am »
Hi we had this happen to our Marquis Epic.  It didn't start out that way it happened about a year or so owning it.  Dealer was out many times, checked filters, checked equipment lines (that they could get to) ensured the valves were all open, tried running it without the filters, replaced #1 pump/motor.  It was in our garage so no leaves or debris of that nature.  Looking for a kinked line somewhere in the foam was the only thing that we didn't do.  They never figured it out and we just lived with it until we got a new spa (not Marquis).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 12:45:18 am by meriflower »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 12:43:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42