What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Low cyanuric acid levels  (Read 4623 times)

boiled

Low cyanuric acid levels
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:04:45 pm »
we are very new to having a hot tub..and I quickly learned that I am allergic to chlorine..but Nature2 stick works great for us..the only level that is off is a very low cyanuric acid level..I read in someones elses post that high ca levels occur when adding chlorine because it is part of the stabilization process... so I am assuming that because we dont use chlorine..that the low ca levels is a natural thing and is not to be worried about..??? I am so happy there are folks in here that will be able to tell m..

Hot Tub Forum

Low cyanuric acid levels
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:04:45 pm »

akm

Re: Low cyanuric acid levels
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:09:26 pm »
Unfortunately I can't help with your question, but just wanted to give you a thumbs up for your choice of screen name.

chem geek

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:13:29 am »
Since you are using Nature2 presumably with non-chlorine shock (MPS), then your only use of chlorine would be "as needed" to keep the water clear.  So yes in that situation you don't have to worry about the CYA level but would probably use Dichlor as your source of occasional chlorine shocking.  You'd use MPS most of the time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:13:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42