What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub re-wiring?  (Read 1610 times)

aybolit

Hot tub re-wiring?
« on: July 27, 2014, 10:16:27 pm »
We just removed our old inground hot tub that was wired with two 30 Amps and one 20 Amps cables (each has 2 hot and 1 "ground" wires). We would like to get new "outside" type hot tub . The problem is - our unit located on the 3rd floor and the floor is finished.
So, is there a way to connect modern hot tub with 2 cables - 30+20 Amps, or is there a hot tub out there that has separate circuitry that can be powered by 2 different cables?
Apparently I can do it with HotSprings model Hot Tubs that are being powered by 2 cables - 30 and 20 Amps - any other manufacturer would allow me to do it? HotSprings are nice tubs but kind of pricey.
Can I some how convert 80 Amp in 3 separate cables to 1 cable with 50-80 Amp rating?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub re-wiring?
« on: July 27, 2014, 10:16:27 pm »

clover

Re: Hot tub re-wiring?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 11:17:13 am »
First, you can find a spa that will utilize the wiring that is there.  Sounds like a Hot Springs circuit set up.  Consult with your local Hot Springs dealer.

Secondly, wire size dictates what you can do with the current wiring, and your best advice will come from an electrician.

Shop around, look for what is out there, understand the electrical requirements and compare it to Hot Springs.  Depending on the advice of your electrician, you may be able to "pull" new 8ga. or 6ga wire for a 50 or 60 amp circuit.

The electrician can advise you what your options are electrically, then you can focus your interest on what that advise dictates.  you may be limited, then again, you may have all of the options available.

NOW, how are you going to get it to the 3rd. floor?   :-\
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

aybolit

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 10:06:49 am »
Ever heard of a crane?  ;D It will be a challenge for sure with the HotSpring Sovereign only having 1/2 inch clearance to get through the doors. But according to them it shouldn't be a problem and my current wiring will support that particular one. Now, if only HOA would be easier to deal with  :'(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 10:06:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42