What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for Brilliance Bromine Users  (Read 3428 times)

buba

Question for Brilliance Bromine Users
« on: July 26, 2014, 02:22:41 pm »
New hot tub is on the way and the dealer included a Brilliance bromine start-up kit. I have read through the manual included in the kit and did some web searches but could not find a recommended setting for the floater. The Brilliance floater looks like a standard tablet floater with a mesh screen around the openings. I used tabs in a floater in the old tub and found leaving the opening height about the same as one tablet was about right. Would leaving about 3/4 of an inch of an opening be enough for the Brilliance system for the initial few days or week? Its a 360 gallon hot tub
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:36:07 am by buba »

Hot Tub Forum

Question for Brilliance Bromine Users
« on: July 26, 2014, 02:22:41 pm »

Topline Mike

Re: Question for Brilliance Bromine Users
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 10:20:21 pm »
I don't know what the "Brilliance Bromine" system is, but I used bromine on my first fill.  I had my floater set about wide open.  If you use the tub every day, you will have to add chlorine to the water along with the bromine.  More use, more sanitizer.  If you use the tub just a few times a week, the bromine tablets in the floater will probably keep up with sanitizing the water.  It all depends on use, and don't let your dealer tell you different, because that's how the system works.  I used regular clorox bleach to supplement the bromine. 

buba

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 08:35:38 am »
The Brilliance folks replied to an email I sent them. There apparently should have been a chart stuffed into the tube of the floater. Short answer is:

300 gallons = level 2 setting
400 gallons = level 2.5 setting

The Brilliance floater is a re-branded Pentair 335 unit with a fine mess screen covering the outside of the floater slots.

Since our spa is 360 gallons I am thinking of setting it initially at level 2, give it a day or two to stabilize, then adjust up or down based on water test results. I am assuming it will take a couple of weeks to get the chemistry dialed in, similar to what our old spa did.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:16:51 am by buba »

meriflower

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 12:52:17 am »
I use Brilliance and have been very successful using their products.  We have our floater set to the 2 mark and that setting is working for us.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 12:52:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42