What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Circ. Pump On New Jacuzzi J-345  (Read 2944 times)

Quickbeam

Circ. Pump On New Jacuzzi J-345
« on: July 23, 2014, 01:04:50 pm »
We have a new Jacuzzi J-345 and the factory setting for the circ. pump calls for it to run for 8 hours. You can set the start time by tripping the breaker and then the circ. pump should run for 8 hours after this. The problem we are having is that the start and stop times “wander”. In other words, if we set it up so the circ. pump starts at say 2:00 P.M. it should then shut off at 10:00 P.M. It will do this, but over time these times will wander. After say a couple of weeks, the circ. pump might start at 3:00 P.M. and then shut off at 11:00 P.M. Where this becomes an issue for us, is that the tub is located on a roof deck above our bedroom and when the circ. pump starts running later and later, it keeps us up at night. Our dealer spoke to Jacuzzi and they told him this is fairly normal for the 300 line of Jacuzzi. He said that in the 400 line you get into LCD controls, which might fix this problem, but has its’ own set of problems. I like and trust our dealer, but I just wondered if any of the Jacuzzi people out there had any other thoughts on this? Is it true that this variance in start times is just normal for the 300 series Jacuzzis? Any other thoughts? Thanks for any information you might be able to provide.

Hot Tub Forum

Circ. Pump On New Jacuzzi J-345
« on: July 23, 2014, 01:04:50 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Circ. Pump On New Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:23:19 pm »
I have a 2005 Artesian tub without any fancy controls and I "set" my ozonator times the same as you set your circ pump times (my pumps come on for 1 minute at the start) ... never had a problem UNLESS the power goes out.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:36:42 am »
  I just got a service tech alert  today from Jacuzzi. It's about the summer logic mode and a eprom chip thas has to be changed on the board, sounds like that's whats going on and your dealer may not be aware yet?   Might be worth calling about again.   Shoot me an email tomorrow if you want, I can forward it to you I see no harm in that!   

Quickbeam

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 01:40:55 am »
Thanks Jim,

I sent you an e-mail with my home e-mail address. Thanks again for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 01:40:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42