What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima - How to get the best price?  (Read 22472 times)

Chartreux

Re: Sundance Optima - How to get the best price?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 03:27:49 pm »
Let me know how you like that MicroSilk, please!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 03:27:49 pm »

Vorpel

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 09:35:15 pm »

Will do!  I imagine it'll be 3 weeks or so...!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 09:51:55 pm »

Will do!  I imagine it'll be 3 weeks or so...!

Don't be too upset if it takes 4 or 5 weeks. The factory has been swamped as of late. Congrats on your purchase. Which color combo did you choose?

Lost in water

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 11:00:57 pm »
If you contact Sundance through the website do you get a quote from the local dealer, or from the company itself? We visited a showroom today, and don't want to undermine our negotiation by submitting a request that would be directed to the retailer.

We were quoted 7800 for the new Mckinley spa--i thought that was pretty good (though we'll still try to get a but off), but would definitely be interested in feedback on that price.

Vorpel

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 01:28:42 pm »
We haven't purchased anything yet.  We will be wet testing the Marquis again today.

The Sundance dealer also carries Artesian spas (which have MicroSilk as well).  Any guidance on how Artesian spas are?

I'll be researching at lunch...!

Thanks!

Sam

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 02:53:47 pm »
I just want to add that not all dealers start with an artificially inflated price and don't have anywhere near 10% to come down, let alone the 20% mentioned earlier.  There are many in this industry that start with ridiculously high starting prices so that they can make the customer feel like they got an amazing deal.  I can't tell you how often I hear from customers that they got a $15k spa for only $7k.  This is just B.S.

Some dealers start with a very fair price and have little room to negotiate. 

MarKee

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 06:47:39 pm »
The Epic with Microsilk and those options in an incredible price. I would definitely wet test the Epic if you can. Most dealers sell the Epic for 12-13K without Microsilk which is normally a $1995 option.

Look at the internals of all the spas you're considering, take a look inside where all of the equipment is kept.  The Marquis quality and fit-and-finish is top notch.

nice guy

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2014, 11:57:53 am »
Just curious if you pulled the trigger yet. I live in the Boise area and have just started shopping tubs. We liked the new Hot springs JETSETTER NXT and the Marquis Spirit just wondered which one you decided on. 

Chartreux

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2014, 12:31:39 pm »
How did the wet tests go?

Vorpel

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 03:09:07 pm »
Sorry for the late reply, but we finally placed our order on Wednesday!  We went with the Marquis Epic w/ MicroSilk, stereo, lights, and smelly stuff (aromatherapy according to my wife!).  Per the sales manager, we should have the tub in 2 weeks.

We are so excited and anxious to get it!  The icing on the cake is that we really liked the dealership and the sales manager - Mike.  His first quote was his last quote, and that was because he didn't do the whole jack up the price so that he could then come down.  Based on feedback here and what little else I could find online, he did a great offer.  We are going to be very happy working with them (The Pool Doctor in Boise, ID) for years to come.

Now to just get the electrical done and the cement pad poured...!

Thanks everyone for your help!  We can't wait to start using out awesome new spa!

-Devin

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 03:35:50 pm »
 Congrats!  Marquis builds a nice spa,  underrated in my opinion! 

doodle

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 05:06:11 pm »
Congrats on making a decision and getting a fair deal.   Please don't forget about us -- we'd love to hear how the tub works out for you.  Too many people disappear after they get their tub and then we never get to hear if they actually like what they got!!  I know there is a lot of curiosity about the microsilk.

Vorpel

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 05:10:05 pm »
Thanks!  I'll definitely report back on how the MicroSilk works.

Vorpel

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2014, 01:17:45 am »
Well, we got out tub delivered on the 15th, but the electrical didn't get done and inspected until the 20th.  We got it setup, and balanced on the 21st, and have now used it now 4 times in the last three days!  Wow!  We love it!

We will give the MicroSilk another week before we make any judgements, but so far we like it.

Thanks again for all your help!

icenogle

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 10:31:59 pm »
I know this post is a little old, but I'm curious about your thoughts on the microsilk.  I plan on getting my first hot tub between Sept and January when I sell my vacation back.  I've been dropping small and not so small hints to my wife about my plans, like reading from this website everyday for two weeks.  She doesn't seem to like my idea so much, until I had her watch the microsilk infomercial.  Just wondering if you noticed any skin difference.  My wife will do anything to try and look young (now 50) and I will do anything to get a hot tub.  So, whatever your answer is she will only here that it works from me, but between us what did you think.  Now I need to find a dealer out here with the best reputation - Seattle. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 10:31:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42