What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospas -vs- the Competition  (Read 26203 times)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Re: Thermospas -vs- the Competition
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2004, 04:12:52 pm »
If that's the case, you might as well pull that "Hot Springs supports  the Arthritis Foundation" ADVERTISEMENT off of the main page of YOUR website Chas.  You BOUGHT the rights to have it.

It's funny how you guys do the same thing, but it's ok...

I've spent hours going out of my way to open lines of communications with you guys, but obviously your ignorance won't allow it.  I should know better than to try and communicate with a handful of folks who can only sell tubs by berating the competition...  which I'm sure is all you know how to do, based on your responses here.  

The only thing I see most of you building here is a reputation that you're a bunch of bickering old fools who are unable to carry on a discussion.

Z

Now now boys lets play nice. Znick you are comitted to the Spa brand you sell and thats great. I'm sure your finding out others, dealers and buyers on the board are as well.
I have no issue with you or Thermo Spa, I do however think that Jeffs posts may have put people on the defensive rght away.
I would like to point out that many new soon to be buyers are surfing this site and all this bickering back and forth does the spa industry no good at all.
I have always tried to be a positive seller. However  after reading one of Steves posts a while back it hit me. I was still selling Colemans thermol-lock insulation in a way that defended what my competors were saying was wrong about it. Anyway there's times when it must be addressed, but I find concentrating more on all the positive ways the spa will change your life is a much better sales approach.
Coleman Spas are rarely in anybody on this forums top 5 or 6 and that doesn't bother me. I've been selling them for 10 years and they are my #1 pick. Every spa brand out there has come a long way with quality and dependability issues in the last decade. We've all had our lemmons.
For what it's worth I hope you stay on the board. Things have been lively for the last few days!
                                   Spahappy
(my spell check has been disabeled so now everyone can see how bad my spelling is. Thankfully I talk for a living!}
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 04:20:59 pm by spahappy »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2004, 04:12:52 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2004, 05:13:08 pm »
Ooops sorry Chas, I was poking fun at Thermospa suggesting that their endorsement by the arthritis foundation was purchased by donations.  I pulled that off their website.  

I pissed Chas off, I'm out of this conversation.

No offense meant Chas.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ZNICK

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2004, 09:29:22 pm »
Sorry Chas?  Howbout sorry Z?  Why do you find it SO important to come here and continously insult me?   :'(

If you look back at any of my posts on any board you'll find I have NEVER said anything negative about a Hot Springs. (I assume you're a dealer)  I like HS... it's a great tub.   Heck, you won't find any posts of mine being negative towards ANY tub.  If I don't like one, I don't say anything... momma taught me that in kindergarten!

I'm sure it's pretty obvious I was "hot" when I posted my last comments.  I was running out the door to an appointment around 90 miles from home, (sold a TS "Lexington Standard"  ;D ) and didn't have the time to reread before posting.  In hindsite, I shouldn't have hit the "post" button at all, flames aren't my style.

If I offended anyone, my apologies.  

Anyway, about the Arthritis Foundation.  We are in no way ENDORSED by them, but one of our spas carries the "Ease of Use Commendation".  It's the only spa in production by any company that holds this honor.

Let me explain how this came to be...

Recognizing the need for easy-to-use products, packaging, and services, the Arthritis Foundation created its ``Ease of Use'' commendation program. The Healing Spa from ThermoSpas is the first hot tub ever to be awarded the Ease of Use Commendation.

When ThermoSpas began designing this unique spa, we went to the Arthritis Foundation for their input.

First, we questioned a panel of experts from the Foundation with arthritis.  A large group was brought to our factory where they tested all of our spa models.  They found that although pleasant, a lot would have to be modified to make the "perfect" spa for people stricken with this condition.  

Things that most of us take for granted, like removing a filter, stepping from a typical spa step into the tub, rotating a control, going from a sitting to standing position within the tub, and many others were next to impossible for some within this group.

The answers from this panel showed us just where we needed to improve/change...  we took the answers they provided and we designed The Healing Spa to include all of their recommendations.

ThermoSpas worked directly with The Arthritis Foundation to design this innovative spa... from the ground up.  Certainly some of you know how much $ and time go into designing a totally new product from the ground up.

We designed The Healing Spa to satisfy the requirements of an unprecedented panel of volunteers from the Foundation - all with severe arthritis themselves. We answered their needs for easy access, entry and exit safety, graspable controls, uncomplicated maintenance and much more.

As a result of this collaborative effort, The Healing Spa was awarded the Arthritis Foundation's prestigious Ease of Use Commendation.  

Not only did we earn the commendation, but because of our dedication we were also given the "Corporate Hero Award" from them...

No, they certainly don't "endorse us"... but we've worked hand in hand with them (at considerable expense to us) to help a group with special needs, and we're proud of it.

Sure, we give $50 to the foundation when someone buys a Healing Spa... but no matter how hard I try, I can't find the error in this.  It's a wonderful thing... and it's also wonderful that Hot Springs gives regularly to the foundation as well!

Along the same lines, when the Starlight Foundation was looking for a spa for a disabled child, Thermospas came through and donated one.  THIRTEEN other companies were asked and DECLINED the gift before they came to us.

We also have what we call our "Seasons of Giving" program.  We donate a tub approximately every two
months to a child somewhere in the United States that
has special needs.  That's around 6 spas a year we
give away to help someone in need.

Anyway, I need to get some sleep... after a quick dip
of course!  

Let's make sure to try to represent OUR industry as a
whole in a positive light on these boards.  I know that
we all get a bit passionate about or individual spas, but remember, we all get people into hot water!   ;)

Z

« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 09:31:13 pm by ZNICK »

drb

• Official 4 Star "Best of Class" spa searcher... ;)
Hey, ZNICK!
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2004, 07:53:52 pm »
I'm sure you sell lots of spas, and so you must have a lot of pull with the factory.  Why don't you see if you can help this nice lady out?

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/bbs/config.pl?noframes;read=53424

:)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2004, 10:33:08 pm »
Ooops sorry Chas, I was poking fun at Thermospa suggesting that their endorsement by the arthritis foundation was purchased by donations.  I pulled that off their website.  

I pissed Chas off, I'm out of this conversation.

No offense meant Chas.

No offense was taken. I thought your Buffalo Wings schtick was funny - very funny.  :) ;D :D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drb

• Official 4 Star "Best of Class" spa searcher... ;)
Re: Hey, ZNICK! - How about it?
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2004, 09:23:32 pm »
I know you can do it!  We're counting on you to help this poor lady!

I'm sure you sell lots of spas, and so you must have a lot of pull with the factory.  Why don't you see if you can help this nice lady out?

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: Hey, ZNICK!
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2004, 12:26:27 am »

Znick please let us know how this lady was looked after
Thanks
Regards, Zz

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Hey, ZNICK!
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2004, 12:26:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42