What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospas -vs- the Competition  (Read 26213 times)

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: Thermospas -vs- the Competition
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2004, 02:51:08 pm »
Spatech T U O well said, I know you speak for all the regulars on this board.  Thank You!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2004, 02:51:08 pm »

ZNICK

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2004, 02:53:09 am »
I can copy and paste plenty of forum responses  where Thermospas customers state they love their tubs!

These boards are frequented by dealers MUCH more than consumers.  With 800+ dealerships, Hot Springs has what, 8,000-10,000 salespeople?  Thermospas has around 100.

If 1% of those read these boards, thats 80 Hot Springs (or whoever) dealers... and um... me.   8)

In most cases, it's the dealers jumping to defend  other companies  on these boards more than "happy tubbers".  Thermospas customers are in their tub, not reading industry boards! (cliche, cliche!)  

There are THOUSANDS of happy Thermospas owners... I've said it dozens of times on the various boards.  Send me your address, and I'll send you a list of well over a hundred of them!

Not 1 person has taken me up on it.    

I've sold hundreds of Thermospas, and have had 2 people not totally satisfied.  Both have been taken care of. (no, they're not "swimming with the fishes"!)   ;D

Please don't expect us to believe that there's no complaints and/or negative websites made about Sundance and Hot Springs.  If you like I'll happily post the links... I just don't feel good about posting that type of thing... but I can if you'd like to see them.  (although I'm sure you know where they are already)

Sure, we've had our share of problems, but so has everyone else.  I won't bring up the bankruptcies and/or the recalls... it's not my style... yes, you know who you are.

Thermospas has grown from a $5 million to $57 million company in a matter of several years.  We had some growing pains, but are totally dedicated to excellence, and work as hard as anyone to please our customers.  

We make a high quality product that our customers love, and that plenty of independent rating companies have praised.  They are the SAME companies that YOU other dealers swear up and down are credible when you talk to your customers... and you know it.

Chas (and most every other Hot Springs dealer) has the Arthritis Foundation logo on his main page... does that mean he's  "full of it" too, and Hot Springs has done nothing to deserve that icon either?

Sure, our warranty is pro-rated, but what would you prefer, a 3 year warranty on your pumps/motors, (when they most likely will work fine) then NOTHING in the 4-10 year period, or a pro-rated one that helps you 7 years longer than most others?

****I've just formed a new group and I'll register the name. Its called American Society of excellence in consumer spa engineering.  Who wants to buy my award, and the right to use the logo in their advertisiting?****

Comments like this one make me laugh... sure, the Arthritis Foundation, National Spa Institute and Consumer Digest are all full of beans, right?

Go back and look at the things I wrote about what Thermospas offers.  All top quality...

If those were available on YOUR tub, you'd be proud of it to... and well deservingly.  If you offer the same or similar now, you're already "touting it" daily.

Come on guys, howbout some mutual respect?  

Z

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2004, 07:38:24 am »
"Come on guys, howbout some mutual respect? "

Respect, there is something you can teach your sales force.  I think there is still a mark on my door from where his ass hit on the way out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2004, 10:04:10 am »
"Come on guys, howbout some mutual respect? "

you come in here in kind of a boastful way....making some questionable claims about your product...that as it is suffers from image problem to began with and with you and your buddy....you seem to confirm what people think thermo spas or at least thier sales people are all about....mutual respect is just that mutual...maybe there a zen thing we can all do.... ;)...no really nick good luck to you... :D...what part of the country are you in.....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2004, 10:06:36 am »
Please don't expect us to believe that there's no complaints and/or negative websites made about Sundance and Hot Springs.  If you like I'll happily post the links... I just don't feel good about posting that type of thing...

I've never seen someone go out of their way to create a website to chronicle their unhappiness with Sundance or Hot Springs. I've only seen that done by customers of a couple brands (again, don't go trying to blame me for what your customers do). Since you don't feel it is right to post these site addresses please feel free to send me a personal message so I can visit these sites you say exist. I also don't see people going out there way to warn people to stay away from spa companies like Sundance and Hot Springs as they seem to take care of people when they have issues. Maybe you in time can create a similar reputation.

I'll let your customers continue to come to these sites and speak for the quality of your product. However, if someone comes to one of these sites asking what experiences people have had I may advice they do a search to find what others have to say.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 10:37:32 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

seajay

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2004, 06:28:03 pm »
You  know I read all of this stuff and you guys and girls spend way to much time at your computers and not enough time in your tubs. I have a Concord Elite III and am very happy with it have had no issues getting it running or serviced . My first months electric bill was up $16.00 and we basically use it every day. As for the salesmen who represented TSpa.....he was a great guy, no pressure at all. I would buy from him again. I also researched all of the other brands at local dealers and found that construction, components, warranty, etc and everything else were either comaprable or better. As far as the cost of the unit compared to all of the others with similar options TSpas was very comparable.  Friends of mine own other brands and I have been in each of them, HS,Jacuzzi,SD,Vita and I still chose the TSpas. I have never seen people who dwell on and spend so much time trying to convince other people that the competition sucks. What happens when you buy a Car or House you must be beside yourself. I am in the sales profession and never spend a minute slamming the competition its not right and a waste of my time. You need to talk about your product and what its benefits are. If you have to bash the cometiton I always say your defending something or hiding something. Companies wouldn't be in business if they were as bad as you guy say. That all folks! I am going  for a beer and soak...... ;)

RealShopper_Really

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2004, 08:13:52 pm »
I have a Concord Elite III and am very happy with it have had no issues getting it running or serviced . My first months electric bill was up $16.00 and we basically use it every day. You believe me, don't you?

As for the salesmen who represented TSpa.....he was a great guy, no pressure at all, Especially once I told him I would gladly write the check for $17,000 up front, on the spot. I would buy from him again, if I had any money left.

I also researched all of the other brands at local dealers and found that construction, components, warranty, etc and everything else were either comaprable or better. Well, except for a few things...

As far as the cost of the unit compared to all of the others with similar options TSpas was very comparable.  Friends of mine own other brands and I have been in each of them, HS,Jacuzzi,SD,Vita and I still chose the TSpas. You see, I belong to a spa-owners club - so I can sample any tub made.

I have never seen people who dwell on and spend so much time trying to convince other people that the competition sucks. Nor have I seen any other time when people could so easily go on a web site and pretend to be a happy T spa owner, say whatever sounds good, and expect people to believe that I am who I say I am, and that I really do have a nice hot T spa sitting at home, trouble-free - and that even though I am a "newbie," with only a couple of posts to my credit, they should take me at my word.

Tongue-in-cheek, but I hope I made the point.
(Chas)

Rboehme

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2004, 08:24:32 pm »
This thread is not doing the spa industry any good. Reading it from a customers perspective it has to look like a "your spa is worse than my spa argument."

I have not personally seen a thermospa. I can not give a customer any real advise on it. I can only tell a customer what I think about the spa from what I have seen from thier website and commercials.

As far as customers posting on the boards and creating websites about thier unhappyness with thier thermo-spa, I can see why there would be more of them than with other brands. You see other brands have dealers that the customer can personally go into to complain. I can assure you ALL brands have at least some unhappy customers. Thermo spa owners who are unsatisfied really only have the internet to vent thier frustration.  

There are customers of all brands of spas that are unsatisfied. That being said, they are a small minority.

The majority of spa owners are very happy, relaxed people.

ZNICK

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2004, 01:17:15 am »
LOL... Chas, as soon as I read the 1st sentence of "Seajay's" post I saw your response coming...  and I  would have thought/said/posted the same way you did.

For what it's worth, and you can believe me or not, I have NO idea who he is.  It sure does look "odd" though, and I got a chuckle from it.  The "mod" here can tell though... from his IP address.

***.you seem to confirm what people think thermo spas or at least thier sales people are all about....***

I don't really know what you mean by that statement.  

All you should get from any of my posts on any of the various boards is that I work for Thermospas, (I've NEVER hidden it) I believe in the company and the quality of their engineering, and am willing to discuss the pros/cons in a professional manner without having to cut down other companies to do it.

I don't come off as pushy, rude, or unprofessional. What is it Mendocino, that I "confirm"?

To answer Spatech, I'm in the Midwest...

I'd like to open the floor to some questions about Thermospas for those of you, like someone said above, who know nothing beside what you've read here.  Maybe some specific questions/answers will help?

Z

ZNICK

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2004, 01:33:28 am »
Ok... an addendum to my post last post.    

I just did a "search" on our friend "Seajay", and he posted on May 25th, long before I even registered here that he bought a Thermospas Concord.  

Boy am I biting my tongue!!!!   :-X

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1085519337;start=2

:-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X    ;)

Z

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2004, 01:50:25 am »
Nick....

You seem like alright guy and I hope that you did get the point I was trying to make about the "Zen type thing” I was trying make peace in a light hearted way...I think you might being getting the brunt from your "buddy" Jeff’s comments as it appeared you came in here together and he starting making some bold and also very questionable statements...I think it is great to be proud of what you sell...but if you make the kind of statements he made you will be challenged by others with a different point of view...but as I mentioned before and in my posts...I would welcome the chance to have a rep out to my house....how ever after calling I found out you do not have one near me...I have a long retail background and did some in home selling and from what I understand...and again to be fair it is only things I have read and heard....There is some "tin man" type of closing with your product...or so the rumor goes...again I say to you good luck...and always treat those with the same respect you wish to receive.....peace.....
;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2004, 11:04:26 am »
From Arthritis.org

In support of the Arthritis Foundation’s mission, ThermoSpas agreed to donate $50 from the sale of each Healing Spa to the Arthritis Foundation.

In Support of Buffalo Wing eating,  Columbuswings.com will gladly accept $40 for each spa sale in exchange for our recommendation of your spa in relieving the stress created by over eating Atomic wings. and in return, I'll endorse your product.  We will use this donation to make available acid reducers and handi-wipes at all Wing restaurants.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2004, 11:25:12 am »
From Columbuswings.com :

In Support of Buffalo Wing eating,  Columbuswings.com will gladly accept $40 for each spa sale in exchange for our recommendation of your spa in relieving the stress created by over eating Atomic wings. and in return, I'll endorse your product.  We will use this donation to make available acid reducers and handi-wipes at all Wing restaurants.

Well, I'm sorry, but if BuffaloWings.com can't get people to eat their wings based solely on how good those wings are, or just by building a reputation in the community for great after-gorging service ...
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ZNICK

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2004, 11:40:37 am »
If that's the case, you might as well pull that "Hot Springs supports  the Arthritis Foundation" ADVERTISEMENT off of the main page of YOUR website Chas.  You BOUGHT the rights to have it.

It's funny how you guys do the same thing, but it's ok...

I've spent hours going out of my way to open lines of communications with you guys, but obviously your ignorance won't allow it.  I should know better than to try and communicate with a handful of folks who can only sell tubs by berating the competition...  which I'm sure is all you know how to do, based on your responses here.  

The only thing I see most of you building here is a reputation that you're a bunch of bickering old fools who are unable to carry on a discussion.

Z

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2004, 12:31:37 pm »
Z - wow, take a breath  :)

Yes, HotSpring is a corporate sponsor for the National Arthritis Foundation. And that means that we give lots of money to them - on a donation basis - and they in turn help us understand how to make tubs that do good things for people with all sorts of joint pain problems, including simply getting old.

They also have helped us design our handles and controls to be more easily manipulated by hands with weak grip strength. It's a minor thing, unless you're the one with weak grip strength or joint pain.

It's not an endorsement, and it's not a paid advertisement, unless you want to consider it a paid advertisement for the NAF, letting people know that they exist and that they are a good source of info, support and help if you are a sufferer. But if you want to call it a paid advertisement for the NAF, then keep in mind who's paying whom.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2004, 12:31:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42