What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Solana SX??  (Read 8850 times)

MissViv

Solana SX??
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:48:07 pm »
Found a used Solana SX advertised and I call them and they do not know the year.  According to them, it has not been used much and the pic looks really clean.  It's a small 3 person spa that originally sold in the $4,500 range.  They are asking $1,000. 

It would be easy to move and probably great for just 2 people.  What are you thoughts on the Solana?  I think it is made by Hot Spring and looks like it has good reviews on their website.

Hot Tub Forum

Solana SX??
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:48:07 pm »

MissViv

Re: Solana SX??
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:49:05 pm »
Oh, by the way, I am the same person who was looking at the Hot Spring Vista that needed to be moved with a crane!!  LOL

This one might be more our speed!

Isaac-1

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 11:43:32 pm »
Hot Spring makes a model called the SX, but this is not it, the Solana SX is a 5 person tub, I am not sure who makes it

MissViv

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 07:01:59 am »
When I goggle Solana SX. Hot Spring comes up and the model is on their website.  The owner said is was made by Watkins but not sure what year.  On the website it says it seats 3 people and the picture on the ad looks like the one on the Hot Spring website.  My husband is going to try and go look at it today (I have to work).

Isaac-1

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 08:44:13 am »
Sorry, my mistake, I did have a good excuse though as I have the flu and had a 102 degree fever when I typed that (feeling much better today).  This is a fairly large 3 person tub at 285 gallons, compared to the 215 for my "3 person" Hot Spring Jetsetter, therefore the SX might really fit 3 people, vs the Jetsetter where 2 is somewhat cozy.

dunecritter

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 10:12:53 am »
When I goggle Solana SX. Hot Spring comes up and the model is on their website.  The owner said is was made by Watkins but not sure what year.  On the website it says it seats 3 people and the picture on the ad looks like the one on the Hot Spring website.  My husband is going to try and go look at it today (I have to work).
Ask for the serial #. It can be found in the front compartment...post it here and I can let you know the year.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 10:31:18 am »
If it is hot and running, jets work, etc. offer $500.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

MissViv

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 06:42:58 pm »
We got the serial # and I called a Hot Spring store and they told me 2008 but my husband stopped in the local hot spring store in the town where the hot tub is and they said it was a 2007.  My husband asked if they would take $800 and they said yes.  It is sitting in their driveway and not hooked up.  We may go back tomorrow and look at it again, they were going to hook it up. 

The serial number starts with SX1J .... the J is supposed to be the year.

Isaac-1

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 02:54:53 am »
Congrats on the find, it looks like it was built in 1st quarter 2007  looks like a good deal

MissViv

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 01:59:06 pm »
Well we bought it and got it home!  It was about an hours drive there and back to a neighboring town.  We stopped at the Spa store and bought a new filter, bacquil chemicals and clean start.

My DH has to work on installing a 220 hook-up this afternoon.  I'll keep you posted how it is coming.  There is some water spilling out when we are moving it around, I sure hope that there are no busted pipes but we had a hard winter this year.  Not sure how long is has been empty.  The guy had moved it from the neighbor's covered deck and had it sitting on some 2X4's on the grass so we did not want him to try and hook it up and fill it.  We paid $800 and may end up with an expensive "frog pond".  LOL!

Isaac-1

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 02:06:41 pm »
You will know soon enough, may I ask why you decided to go the Baqua route, I used it on my pool years ago, and all I can say about it is never  again, I hated he slimey feel.

Ike

MissViv

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 04:28:05 pm »
Uh oh,  The Bacquil is what the guy at the spa recommended when I told him I wanted something that would be less chemical and more natural.  I may have made a wrong choice (we'll see).  My DH is going to hook up the electric tomorrow and we should be able to fill it for the first time.

Isaac-1

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 04:44:16 pm »
Personally if I did not have an SWG I would be using the Dichlor then Bleach method, you can google "dichlor then bleach hot tub" for a number of write ups
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:45:55 pm by Isaac-1 »

Quickbeam

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 07:09:03 pm »
If you want less chemical, have you thought of trying hydrogen peroxide? I have to be totally honest in that we don't yet have a spa as we just ordered our first hot tub yesterday. We have been in a friend's spa however and they use hydrogen peroxide. Was a totally different experience being in that tub. Skin felt silky smooth, no chemical smell, etc., etc. My wife has chemical sensitivities and this is what we are going to try when we get our spa. When we spoke to our dealer about it, the only thing they had against it was that the hydrogen peroxide was not long lasting and he said that you had to "stay on top of it". Once again, I don't know all the ins and outs, but I can say for certain that being in our friends tub with hydrogen peroxide was a very unique and pleasant experience.

MissViv

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 09:33:17 pm »
If you want less chemical, have you thought of trying hydrogen peroxide? I have to be totally honest in that we don't yet have a spa as we just ordered our first hot tub yesterday. We have been in a friend's spa however and they use hydrogen peroxide. Was a totally different experience being in that tub. Skin felt silky smooth, no chemical smell, etc., etc. My wife has chemical sensitivities and this is what we are going to try when we get our spa. When we spoke to our dealer about it, the only thing they had against it was that the hydrogen peroxide was not long lasting and he said that you had to "stay on top of it". Once again, I don't know all the ins and outs, but I can say for certain that being in our friends tub with hydrogen peroxide was a very unique and pleasant experience.

I did read about that somewhere on the internet.  I also googled BaquaSpa and read some good comments on it too.  It does make the water soft and that is probably where he got the slimy feel.  I like the idea that it is completely chemical free so we are going to try it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 09:33:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42