What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help on purchasing used hot tub  (Read 7665 times)

Sam

Re: Need help on purchasing used hot tub
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 06:35:05 pm »
Pass on it!

Agreed.  Be patient.  You'll find something.  This sounds like more of a headache than it is worth.  As stated above, someone who spent $10k+ on a hot tub has a hard time coming to terms with its drastically diminished value.  We see this all of the time. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 06:35:05 pm »

MissViv

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 07:28:13 pm »
We are thinking that we will pass and keep looking for a good used tub.  The owners are not negotiable (at all) and they even want us to sign a paper saying if we damage anything on their property getting it out we will be responsible.  It's under a covered area where it will barely fit through when moving it and then has to be lifted by a crane over the fenced in pool area.

My DH is able to do the electric (he is in construction and does home remodeling).  We are planning on putting it in our screened in back porch that has a brick floor.

The Spa guy called today and said he wasn't sure when they could get the boom truck, it might be a couple of weeks but we should go ahead and pay the owner so that everything is in place when we move it!!    :o  I don't think so!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 08:16:15 pm »
    I bend over backwards to help people and have done the same as him as far as looking up info on spa's we have sold over the years and given the buyer honest advice with what it might be worth.    After that though, I leave it up to the seller and the buyer.    Just kinda odd what he's doing. 

Really sounds like the sales guy has some kind interest in this deal?  I could be wrong but ya never know.. 

MissViv

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 08:44:42 pm »
The spa guy said the owner was paying him $100. to sell it for them.  I think it might be more. 

mrpenguin

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 10:23:41 pm »
they even want us to sign a paper saying if we damage anything on their property getting it out we will be responsible.  It's under a covered area where it will barely fit through when moving it and then has to be lifted by a crane over the fenced in pool area.

This alone is almost worth not just walking, but running away.  If you do decide on it, tons of photos before, movies during, etc.   Sounds like a recipe for disaster.  That's a bit much I'd think, when added to the cost, repairs needed.  There's always others for sale out there.  Good luck, stinks this could not have worked out better.  Almost is like they (or one of them) really do not want to sell it.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 01:11:37 pm »
....and they even want us to sign a paper saying if we damage anything on their property getting it out we will be responsible.  It's under a covered area where it will barely fit through when moving it and then has to be lifted by a crane over the fenced in pool area.

I've delt with people like this before.    It's natures way of telling you- Run Forrest, Run!!

Pers Onal

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 10:23:22 pm »
just too many negatives.

When trying to line up a deal, or a project or whatever - at some point overwhelming negatives cause you to get the idea to move on and look elsewhere.

Looks like you have reached that point on this one.

Bet you a small crane would cost a minimum of $300 of close.

No one around here will roll a small one out the door for much less than that.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 10:23:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42