What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best two person spa <6k  (Read 9061 times)

photomandan

Best two person spa <6k
« on: April 21, 2014, 07:48:13 pm »
This is sure a limited category, and my search didn't turn up anything usable. But, there are just two of us, and we have a limited space - no more than 62" wide. I've done a lot of research but came up dizzy, except for knowing that we can't afford the Rolls Royce of the industry. any suggestions for a unit that's under $6k? Bubblers are VERY important to me (are they now called micro jets??)  We live inland on the central coast of Calif so weather is mostly mild, but it does get below freezing during the winter. Also, we're prisoners of the miserly scoundrels known as PG&E (high electric rates) so energy efficiency is paramount, as well.  thanks all!!    ~Dan

Hot Tub Forum

Best two person spa <6k
« on: April 21, 2014, 07:48:13 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Best two person spa <6k
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:01:25 pm »
How long can the tub be?  62 isn't a deal breaker depending in length it can be

kurt6137

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 09:53:04 pm »
If your not super tall, I would seriously check out the hot springs jet setter, it was the tub i looked at before purchasing the sovereign model. Hot Springs makes a very efficient tub, along with others like Sundance, Arctic, Marquis, etc… Just look under the hood, ask for the dealers to pull the skin so you can take a look at. I did and was glad. I found one manufacturer, that surprised me on how they approached laying wires and insulation. Good luck with your search, don't feel bad, I live in NY and my electric bill rates quadrupled over the winter. Let us all know, what you end up with and photos would be nice. ;)

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 01:18:28 pm »
I would check out the Marquis Spirit:

http://www.marquisspas.com/hot_tub/models/the-spirit.asp

And the Marquis E-322:

http://www.marquisspas.com/hot_tub/models/322.asp

The Spirit may be a little over your budget, but definitely a very nice spa.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 04:36:08 pm »
This is sure a limited category, and my search didn't turn up anything usable. But, there are just two of us, and we have a limited space - no more than 62" wide. I've done a lot of research but came up dizzy, except for knowing that we can't afford the Rolls Royce of the industry. any suggestions for a unit that's under $6k? Bubblers are VERY important to me (are they now called micro jets??)  We live inland on the central coast of Calif so weather is mostly mild, but it does get below freezing during the winter. Also, we're prisoners of the miserly scoundrels known as PG&E (high electric rates) so energy efficiency is paramount, as well.  thanks all!!    ~Dan

There are a lot of small spas out there but most will be over 62". The Jetsetter in fact would be great but is slightly wider than 62". One option would be a Hot Spring TX which is basically triangular, fully insulated, within your stated budget and designed for 2 people.

Isaac-1

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 07:03:34 pm »
Given your budget, if you don't mind buying used / refurbished you might want to look at the older style Hot Spring Jetsetter J, sold as the Jetsetter Classic until about 2008 it is 62 inches wide which is 3 inches narrower and about 5 inches shorter than the new style Jetsetter which was introduced arounf 2002.  These typically seem to sell as dealer refurbs at around $3,000 give or take.  I bought mine from a private seller for $1,000 a few months ago, mine is a 1998 model which was the first year of the final version of the classic which was virtually unchanged until 2008, and appears to have spent its whole life indoors.

Water Boy

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 10:19:51 am »
You might check out Coyote Spas(made by Arctic Spas), and check on the Coyote Mesa. It is definitely under your budget. It is 42"wide, and 86" long. It is strictly a two person spa. We well lots of them here in our store as people love how deep the seats are. It doesn't take up much space as well. Good luck in your search for the perfect spa.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Sam

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 06:53:53 pm »
You can get a Clearwater Spas XS76R for that price.  It's a solid little tub and meets your size restrictions.  Clearwater has been making hot tubs in the USA since 1976.  They are the 2nd oldest hot tub company out there behind Jacuzzi.

http://www.clearwaterspas.com/product/xs76r/

The Tuff Spas TT250 also meets your price and size requirements.  It is a very basic tub, but uses quality Balboa electronics.  They have a unique hard top cover with built in lift mechanism and lifetime warranty.

http://www.tuffspas.com/tt250.html

Artesian makes a cool little tub in their Garden Spas line that also meets those requirements.

http://www.thegardenspas.com/content/spas/hibiscus.html

I'm sure that there are more, but here are a few good quality tubs in your size and price range.

red2play

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 10:07:55 pm »
Normally, its recommended to go to Costco or SamsClub for that kind of deal.  Here's one of them.

http://www.costco.com/Aquaterra%e2%84%a2-Spas-Toscano-II-17-jet-3-Person-Spa-.product.100110836.html

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 10:07:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42