What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Get Reconnected - Buy a Hot Tub  (Read 5090 times)

Topline Mike

Get Reconnected - Buy a Hot Tub
« on: April 16, 2014, 12:15:39 am »
Now you dealers are going to owe me one for this thread. 

I have a family of five.  Me, my wife, 15 year old freshman boy, 13 year old 7th grade daughter, and 9 year old 3rd grade son.  We bought our hot tub 2 weeks ago.  I can honestly say that I have had more meaningful conversations with my family than I have ever had in the last two weeks.  Do you know what doesn't go in a hot tub?  That's right, ipads, ipods, phones, laptops, etc., etc.  It's just hot water, relaxing, massaging, and the best part, reconnecting.  Instead of the teenagers staring at the screen of their electronic device all night, we as parents get to hear about their day face to face.  We don't force them in, they want to get in.  I love it, and I can't believe I waited this long to get in a Hot Tub! 

I'm not in any way associated with Hot Tub sales.  If you're a lurker, take the plunge, and get your family a Hot Tub! 

Hot Tub Forum

Get Reconnected - Buy a Hot Tub
« on: April 16, 2014, 12:15:39 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Get Reconnected - Buy a Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 07:42:27 am »
Add in the fact that the family dinner table is a rarity these days, I echo this sentiment, even though its just the 2 of us and a rare visit from our daughter.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Sam

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 03:30:30 pm »
Thanks for sharing!  I love to hear stories like this. 

Water Boy

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 04:20:05 pm »
Well said Mike, and thanks for sharing. I couldn't agree more! I love sitting in ours with my family! I just had a customer in the store picking up supplies for his hot tub. He was all excited and beaming with joy that his two daughters and grand kids are coming home for Easter, and they all get to enjoy the hot tub together.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 08:06:34 pm »
There's science to back it..............
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 09:43:21 pm »
  I specially pitch it when the family walks in and the kids have their heads buried in a I something.   I really love technology,  it has brought so many people together, yet pushed so many people apart if that makes sense..

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 07:14:56 am »
Somewhere some of us have been in the hot tub and probably seen a teen or pre-teen with the cell phone hanging over the edge texting.  Fortunately not me, but its bound to have happened.  My daughter is a mother herself now, so when she joins us in the hot tub its to unplug and unwind because her infant is finally asleep.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Topline Mike

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 08:49:46 am »

2 hours in the tub last night.  Beautiful night. 

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 09:36:29 am »
Mike,
I love this post!

We get so wrapped in the "this is better than that" that we seldom take the time to discuss all the fun that folks are having with their tubs.

Happy soaking!

Mudheadsports

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 03:05:27 pm »
Great post........thanx for sharing!!!!!

Topline Mike

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 12:26:48 pm »
Keeping it Hot!

mrpenguin

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 10:39:15 pm »
OK, so I have to put an opposite spin on this topic.  We just got our j-470.  It's great.  I do like my kids.  I "retired" when my son was born and stayed home to be dad while the wife worked.  I never regret that choice, and even though I now have my own business, being dad is first, and I still take care of the house/kids.  We still eat dinner together almost every night, and other meals if no school or other events going on.  My kids are now 15 & 12.  All that being said...  I have to say, I enjoy the tub a ton more late at night when it is just the wife and I and the kids are busy inside.  We don't hear the arguing, the screaming around having loud fun running etc., the "what did you say" or any other sudden bionic ear they get, "get your homework done", and so forth.  The past year or few we lost the "us time".  Where the kids went to bed and we could do whatever.  Not just the fooling around, but just sitting without explaining everything on tv or just talking.   We regained this.  I am sure in a few years we may want the reconnect all the others here talk about, but for now, I think the dis-connect is better than the re/constant connection.

poolpaul

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 12:54:39 am »
Sure Mike

I too was planned to buy Hot tub for my small family. But I am struggling with place where to keep the hot tubs. In garden I have lot of space to keep big Garden hot Tubs.

Can you suggest me where I can but Garden Hot Tubs in San Diego?
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 12:54:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42