What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Umbrella?  (Read 2381 times)

kctay

Umbrella?
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:48:03 pm »
Where is the best place to buy a hot tub umbrella of good quality, made specifically far a hot tub.  Sturdy to handle wind, and no ballast,  but would rather slide under the tub?  I see all these options on ebay, but have no idea of the quality.

Hot Tub Forum

Umbrella?
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:48:03 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Umbrella?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 09:05:31 pm »
Check out the ones from leisure concepts. They are high quality

kctay

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:30:20 pm »
Their website doesn't work, are they still in business?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 10:24:16 pm »
http://www.leisureconcepts.com

Worked fine for me. They don't sell direct they sell through local pool and spa shops

Pers Onal

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:37:52 pm »
I bought one in the last couple of weeks, very similar to the one in the link, from costco.

Not using it over the hot tub, I have a retractable awning that covers the hot tub. Using it on my deck.

Sunbrella fabric, cantilevered arm.

The base was different, 500 bucks and 9 ft if I remember correctly. Would easily cover my hot tub if I had room for the base.

I do let it down when I am not using it.  Something that large acts essentially as a sail, and cannot readily handle strong gusts. I think you are going to have to have ballast, or custom make a base that will fit under the tub.

Your frame would have to be pretty strong for any side mount to work well. The side mount pictured on the website should work if the frame of your hot tub was strong.

Or so it seems to me, anyhow.

I don't think my original frame was strong enough for that to work well. However, mine is about 14 years old, and was not a well known name.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:37:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42