What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi 400 colors  (Read 10793 times)

mrpenguin

Jacuzzi 400 colors
« on: April 12, 2014, 11:41:14 pm »
So we went to a different jacuzzi dealer today, were really happy and are going to get a j-470.

We ordered with the Caribbean Surf shell.  I was not totally set on that color, but they really only had a few small plates to see the colors samples from.  Also, they said the sahara, sand, and desert sand colors all had the texture on them, not smooth.   Nothing in the Jacuzzi site or literature mentions textures, either having it or not, but we see tubs with texture.  Looking in the catalog and Jacuzzi's website, they seem to have other colors in their sample tub pictures, like almost a bronze metallic color on the tub on the j300 series intro page from the catalog.  Could those be just older pictures?  It would be great if they had big pictures of the tub and you could roll over the colors and see the tub in that color.

So, anyone have any more input on the colors, or full tub samples.   Google searching helps, but you people here are great from all the reading I've done.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi 400 colors
« on: April 12, 2014, 11:41:14 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Jacuzzi 400 colors
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 11:47:28 pm »
Though, unless you have some pretty good software for color correction, the colors you see on your monitor are probably no where near the actual color.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 09:29:41 am »
 Only smooth colors are that new Surf blue, Platinum, Opal and Monaco. the others are textured.    I am torn on that blue as it's really blue, supposedly it looks even better with water in it. It has like this iridescent finish on it.     The bronze one you mentioned is opal.

mrpenguin

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 11:06:53 am »
Thanks for the clarification.   It was odd the sample plates of the colors were all smooth, you'd think they could supply dealers with exact samples. 

I personally think the blue is just way too blue, and does not look as refined, high end or whatever to go with the higher end tubs.   Looks almost cheesy in a way, but not terrible.  Tough to describe.  Looking at the used ones you see pictures of everywhere, the blue just doesn't look as fancy I guess?

Dr. Spa, no doubt the computer screen colors, but not only that, the lighting of the photo, angles and everything.  It is really odd that the picture in the catalog of bronze style is opal (totally trust Jacuzzi Jim's word).  I never would have guessed that looking at the color swatch at the end of the catalog, or the pictures I found here http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23666#entry100770  Where he says it was opal color.  That tub is basically what we'd think of getting, and after seeing those pictures, I really liked the opal idea a bunch more than the blue.  I have until tomorrow morning to change the color if I want.

Standard new buyer worries and wonders after spending a bunch for something you plan on keeping for a very long time.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 12:00:01 pm »
Yeah that pic is opal,  The blue is a color that I think will grow on you, but honestly unless you see that blue in person go with the opal..    If I remember tomorrow I will snap a picture of the Blue one we brought in.   It would be great if your a Seahawks fan..

Topline Mike

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 12:14:33 pm »
I've seen that new blue iridescent color in the showroom.  I can't stand it.  It just looks "off" to me for some reason.  The dealer told me it was the new trend for color choice.  After seeing so many used tubs online, and blue ones at that, the blue color just doesn't do it for me.  The only thing I want blue is the water.  That's my opinion.  We have the platinum color on our jacuzzi, and I love it. 

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 12:33:39 pm »
I am very happy with the blue I  chose for my Artic shell. To see better photos of the different colors, i went to the acrylic mfgs website.  Find out who manufacturers the shell material and jump on their site. That may help you out a bit.

mrpenguin

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 12:47:39 pm »
yeah, we've seen 2 blue in person, one filled, one empty.   Only other smooth color has been the platinum.  The one thing I thought of is that the cover will be on it most of the time anyway, so it's really not that big of a deal.  The wife liked the pics from that other thread, but we both agreed that darker bronze does not fit our liking.   I also thought the lighter colors will make it easier to spot water issues.  I think the blue cheapens the look of the tub.  Good thing the color does not affect the way it feels.  We tested a 300 series in blue and it didn't really matter to me then, since I knew it was not what I was getting that day. 

Still is really odd/poor that nothing on the official jacuzzi site or documentation tell you straight out the textured/non textured details.

Good idea on the acrylic mfg site.  Wonder who does jacuzzi.  I think the blue could grow on me after a while anyway.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 06:48:38 pm »
Does it look like the blue shell on my Artic Klondiker? (See spa photo section)

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 07:07:33 pm »
I believe the two companies supplying major hot tub manufacturers are Lucite and Aristech.  Jacuzzi should be able to tell you what they use with their tubs.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 07:27:48 pm »

Not really any where close to the blue you have, which I think is Lucite..

mrpenguin

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 07:49:54 pm »
based on how photos can be off,  it does look similar, just really bright blue it seemed, like Jim said, iridescent almost.  Think I may just leave it as the blue since the wife likes it, the cover will be on it anyway, so who cares.   Close eyes and let the jets take over.  I'll post some pics in 3-4 weeks when it gets here.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 07:55:17 pm »

Not really any where close to the blue you have, which I think is Lucite..

Jim, Artic introduced a new line of shell colors this year.  The shell on my tub was made by Aristech.   

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 01:30:25 pm »
 Here you go.. 

mrpenguin

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 01:56:28 pm »
Thanks for posting those!  any Opal in the show room, just for apples=apples?   Annoying to be flip-flopping this much.  One thing with the blue is the pillows, jets, knobs, etc all really stand out since contrasting colors.   If some of them where more complimentary it may have looked better.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 01:56:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42