What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What should I buy?  (Read 4541 times)

Pauliachi

What should I buy?
« on: April 08, 2014, 05:53:07 pm »
Hi,
 We currently own a Coyote Outlaw (bought from Arctic Spas - now Jacuzzi Canada I think) that I have never been fond of. It seems under powered and lacking in number of jets and just a general no-frills feel. We have also had a few mechanical problems, however the dealer's service people have been great.  I'm always toying with the idea of an upgrade and would like something like this:

http://www.costco.ca/Essential-Hot-Tubs%E2%84%A2-LSLX703-70-jet-5-seat-Spa.product.100099731.html

Although I know it's anathema to alot of people on this forum to mention Costco, I'm just using this product as an example of what I would like. Any ideas on price, trade in value, brands? Looking for something about 7' x 7'. Thanks. I live in the Toronto area btw.

Hot Tub Forum

What should I buy?
« on: April 08, 2014, 05:53:07 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: What should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 06:55:46 pm »
You can find tubs with a lot less than 70 jets that will feel better than that Costco add. Shoot for 25-35 quality jets. Do some research and sit in some tubs if your not in a hurry. There's 8-12 good choices. And tons more not bad choices and even more less expensive options. But sit in it, it has to be comfortable. If it's full of water even better. Feel and listen to your choices, you'll have a better chance of it being righter than your last choice. Sounds like you had a good dealer? What's he sellin?
Retired

Bullfrog Spas Support

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 01:19:05 pm »
Jacuzzi Jim, that's off topic a bit but yes, like Jake from State Farm :) Funny sidenote: I gave a girl my name at a restaurant recently and she came back with "Jake, from State Farm?" It's everywhere. Effective ad if your name is Jake.

Pauliachi,

Let us know how the search is going and if there's anyone here on the forum that can help I'm sure we will.

Jake (from Bullfrog Spas)
Bullfrog Spas Support

Pers Onal

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 07:44:40 am »
I decided to rebuild the frame on my 14 year old hydro-spa, instead of buying new.

When I was looking, I was only going to purchase models I could wet-test.

Actually, I had been in and out of a hydro spa tub  in a vacation rental for a week when I bought that one.

I think there's too much variation in body sizes, fit and how the jets feel to be sure without wet testing.

I expect that unless a dealer already has a wet display he would expect a deposit before filling.

You can narrow the field down with some dry testing, before wet testing.

It's not just the money, it's the hassle factor also. You don't want to put in another one and be unhappy.

No one has mentioned trade-in value. I expect it would be low, but don't know and am interested in what some of the professionals in the field might say.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:47:02 am by Pers Onal »

Sam

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 12:57:05 pm »
Trade-in values are usually very low.  By the time you pay delivery guys to process it, service techs to refurbish it, take up valuable retail floor space, and then market it and pay a sales guy a commission, there really isn't much room to give much of anything in trade value.  A lot of companies will just artificially inflate the price of the new tub so that they can tell the customer they are giving them thousands in trade value.  This is typically just B.S.

If a retailer is going to sell a used tub, the customer expects some sort of warranty on it.  They also typically need to see it filled and running.  Retail square footage is expensive and needs to generate revenue.  When you add up all of the costs associated with processing a refurbished tub and you sell it for a couple of grand, there really isn't any room to give a trade-in value more than a couple hundred.

Of course there are exceptions to this.  Most people looking to trade-in have older, outdated tubs.   Just look at all of the free tubs on craigslist to get a feel for the market.

Baluka

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 03:03:19 am »
Dear All

I'm from Hungary without any hot tubs experience.
I will try to choose from two type:
- Sundance 880 Marine (It's demo in good condition but without clearray).
- Artesian Spas Nevis (New one)

Could anybody help me for proper way?
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 03:03:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42