What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artic Klondiker Filters (and Filters in General)  (Read 5138 times)

rosewoodsteel

Artic Klondiker Filters (and Filters in General)
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:32:31 pm »
My new Artic tub has two filter cartridges and a "sock" filter.  One of the pleated filters, the Silver Sentinel, I believe, is disposable. The other is washable/reusable.    So here are my questions:

1) How do you wash / clean the reusable filter?   In my old Coleman, I had a single filter which I washed with a filter cleaner that I bought from Spa Depot.  Will it be alright to use this cleaner?
2) Should the "sock" filter be cleaned with this, as well?
3) How often do people usually clean their filters (for any tubs, not just Artic)?

Our tub is only being used by the two of us, about 4 times a week at this point.

Hot Tub Forum

Artic Klondiker Filters (and Filters in General)
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:32:31 pm »

Water Boy

Re: Artic Klondiker Filters (and Filters in General)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 01:30:59 pm »
Yes, clean the pleated filter with your filter cleaner. That will work just fine for that like it did on your old Coleman spa. The disposable filter will last about 4-5 months before you need to replace it. You don't want to clean the "sock" with any kind of cleaner. Just rinse out with the hose. Typically replace those very 4-5 months as well.

I try to clean my at least once a month.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 02:16:30 pm »
Thanks, Ed.

I saw an Artic Spa video on filter changing, where the short (washable) filter and sock filter are installed on the right skimmer tube/filter housing and the taller (disposable) filter is installed in the left housing/skimmer tube (as viewed, standing on the outside of the tub).     Is this correct?    If so, why would the sock be acting as a pre filter for the cheaper of the two filters?   Wouldn't you want the pre filter to be used in front of the "Silver Sentinel"?

Water Boy

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:52:40 pm »
Yes that video is right. Well, sorta. Each spa model can be plumbed differently from the next, so you want to go off of your spa to know where the filers go. You want to use the sock with the pleated filter, and not with the disposable filter. Also, with your ozone system, you want to make sure that you use the pleated filter and the sock on the same side always. You don't want to run your circ pump filter on the filter with the disposable filter as that is hard on the circulation pump.

As to why you cant use the sock with the disposable filter, not sure on that. What some of my customers use is a bigger pleated filter instead of the disposable filter on the second filter. Then you can just clean both the small on and the big one at the same time, and not have to worry about replacing that disposable filter every few months. Also, keep in mind that the sock is a optional filter. You don't have to use those if you don't want too.

Topline Mike

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 05:24:17 pm »
Even though I don't even have a hot tub, Yet, I will give my 2 cents.  If you have a good filter, which I'm sure most newer tubs have, it is collecting all the crap out of your spa every time you use it.  If you clean your filter once a month as opposed to once a week, just imagine how much crap is built up on it.  I would assume that this build up is also contributing to your sanitizer being used up quicker.  So, when I get my tub up and running, I'll make sure my wife cleans the filter once a week.  Rosewood, I'm still jealous of your location.  The birds should be there soon to make it even more enjoyable.  However, I'm not envious of your walk or run back to the house in the winter..

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 06:34:28 pm »
Topline,
Funny you mentioned the walk to the hot tub.   I just ordered a very warm, hooded robe and new "outdoor" slippers.    Hopefully, my "after soaking" walk back to the house won't seem so long now. :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 05:49:38 pm »
Rose get yourself an entire extra set of filters so you can just change and worry about soaking/cleaning them later.
Retired

Water Boy

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 05:55:40 pm »
Rose get yourself an entire extra set of filters so you can just change and worry about soaking/cleaning them later.

Good call! Almost all of our customers do the same.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 03:58:27 pm »
Tman,

You are the man!

I just bought an extra set of filters from Water Boy.
Thank you for the very fast delivery, Ed.

Water Boy

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 10:27:46 am »
Tman,

You are the man!

I just bought an extra set of filters from Water Boy.
Thank you for the very fast delivery, Ed.

Thank you John, and glad to hear the filters made it to ya!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 10:27:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42