What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Buyer in Nebraska wanting brand opinions  (Read 40279 times)

rosewoodsteel

Re: New Buyer in Nebraska wanting brand opinions
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2014, 09:28:39 am »
Dam,

Congratulations on the Relay!
Now that you've gotten the looking / research out of the way, you can finally focus on preparing for the tub and.... actually using it.

Keep us filled in on your progress with the pad and electrical work.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2014, 09:28:39 am »

hottubnebraska

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2014, 10:54:27 pm »
Hello everybody. Sam I may have the answer for you. Have a 2004 sundance metro that has only been used indoors that I am needing to sell cheap and also know a reasonable mover. Nothing wrong with it. Email me @ twistedtrouble57119@yahoo.com if you are still looking. Carrie

aeajr

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2014, 03:02:12 pm »
I don't see that you got a hot tub yet, but if you did, and it is outside, you may want to see what we did to make our hot tub useable all year round.
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,17809.0.html

Photos
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaMWLRw2Ys2dM
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:08:40 pm by aeajr »

DamSam

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2014, 02:11:48 pm »
Sorry folks, I have been very busy and also enjoying my Tub. I ended up getting a good deal on a Hot Springs Hot Spot Relay, with a good dealer. I have been working this project since beginning of April. Hot Tub was delivered around 30 April 2014.
- Had to move shed
- prepped foundation
- 4 x 12" footers at 42"deep for NE freeze line
- set sand & gravel foundation
- leveled with retaining wall blocks
- had existing concrete patio leveled like mud jacking but with foam
- laid over 350 14x14x2 pavers
- built cross between "lean too", "shed", and a "Pergola" 10'X12'

While doing this I also had to rebuild my 1000gal pond (still not finished), wait on weather to cooperate, set up my blow up (intex easy set) pool for the kids, work and travel for work, vacation (not really but went away with family), then add in all the other things life throws at us. I will add some pictures but I hope to have some better pictures this fall after grass has been filled back in. Plus I want to add a roof and get outdoor marine grade curtains for use in cold NE winters. I know they are not as bad as some but -10F is COLD.
Sorry again that this took so long and I appreciate all the great advise. I love my "Relay".

For those looking, the Relay is allot bigger than I thought it would be and a 2014 model under $5,500 was an obtainable goal.

Ok so it will not let me add pictures... What's up with that :o ????

aeajr

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2014, 05:33:17 pm »
Yes, cold weather and an outside hot tub can be a real test of one's desire to use that tub.  And, of course it drives up electric costs keeping the hot tub hot.

That is why we enclosed ours.  Made winter use much nicer and I think it is saving us on electricity too.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2014, 05:33:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42