What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Sovereign  (Read 9398 times)

couchsitta

Hot Spring Sovereign
« on: January 27, 2014, 03:27:29 pm »
Hey guys,

So I've looked around, done a couple of wet tests, and been pretty much overwhelmed much of the time.  The wife and I tried out the Hot Spring Sovereign and loved it, especially the moto massage.  Going into the whole hot tub buying mode I wanted to stay close to 6K, till I tried this tub.... This is what the salesperson offered. 

Sovereign            Regular Price  $9595.00           In-Stock special price    $8399.00
Cover lift               Regular Price        499.00         In-Stock special price     FREE
Polymer step        Regular Price        170.00         In-Stock special price     FREE
Tax                                                         756.97                                                    619.43
Total                                               $11,020.97                                                 $9,018.43

This also included starting chems, delivery, and either a free step upgrade or the ozone system.  I wanted to ask if this sounded like a good deal.  Of course I need to decide by the end of this month.  I'm thinking this is the price till it's sold whether that's January or February right?  Am I asking to much to try and negotiate it down?  Not sure, never done this before.  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Sovereign
« on: January 27, 2014, 03:27:29 pm »

kurt6137

Re: Hot Spring Sovereign
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 12:21:51 am »
If you do negotiate with him, no more than $500 dollars or get more throw ins, the price of around $8500 to $9000 for everything is about right. i got the 2013 sovereign in April this year, have hot springs tub before, you can not go wrong, this tub is perfect, very easy to drain and clean, i can reach everything so i don't even have to get in the tub when cleaning. A good solid reliable tub.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 03:29:43 pm »
I'll agree with Kurt. We love our HS. Sounds like you're already getting it at a steal. Maybe at that price, you're actually getting the floor display model. Don't know. Most will throw in the cheap set of poly steps (which I sent back with the installers for a store credit and made my own), the start up kit, installation, and the ozone as part of the spa price. I paid more than that for my 2013 Envoy. In my opinion, putting the poly steps around a nice spa is like putting plastic hub caps on a new Cadillac. Not to insult those that have the steps. I Just couldn't keep those things when I saw them.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 03:34:03 pm by Spoiledrotten »
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

meriflower

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 08:36:02 pm »
I had to go see your steps that you made Spoiledrotten and found your post - very nice!  I don't own a Hot Spring but have looked and wet tested several models.  Really love the moto massage!  I think that if you decide to purchase that you will like it.  We have a similar layout as the Sovereign and I especially like the lounger.  As for price range, for a Hot Spring, I think that is good.

couchsitta

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 09:44:17 pm »
Thanks guys,

yep it's a floor model.

kurt6137

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 04:42:35 pm »
I ended up getting the high end steps for my sovereign, it matches perfectly the chocolate espresso color of my cabinet, i have to admit, they are of good quality and match the tub perfectly, i could not go with the poly steps either, ruins the look of the tub. These steps are more, but well worth it. you can see the photos on this forum, i posted my tub and steps on the area, for showing your hot tub. Its  entitled how do i post photos of my hot tub.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:44:39 pm by kurt6137 »

Flyonthewall

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 07:38:52 pm »
nice spa, and not a bad price depending on your location.  definitely don't feel bad about negotiating further.  if you do manage a better price make sure you are ready to pull the trigger.  if they are going to represent the cover lifter as a 499 value make sure its the hot spring brand cover cradle.  the only thing I don't like about that offer is the either/or with the ozone.  ozone is factory installed by hot spring.  them threatening to remove it if you go with the step upgrade is no deal.

kbergeron

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 05:02:31 pm »
couchsitta

If you still looking for the Sovereign and your close to Maine I have 2014 for sale.
2014 Hot Springs 6 Person Sovereign Hot Tub / Spa, Less than one year old, Nothing wrong with it,  Still under Warranty.
Give me a call if interested, $7000
Ken 207-749-1312

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 07:20:14 pm »
However, NO warranty ones it changes hands (warranty applies to original purchaser only).
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 07:20:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42