What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi j-335  (Read 6002 times)

Jamester

Jacuzzi j-335
« on: October 06, 2013, 06:15:21 pm »
Hi everyone,

Just discovered this great forum the last couple of days, and have already found a lot of great advice and experience here.

We are in the UK and looking at our first hot tub.

I think we are now at the point of being 95% ready to quite literally take the plunge on a 335. I've wet tested it, and thought the size was good and the jets were great. Comparisons have been against hot springs, and also a hydropool that we saw today at an expo.

Hot Springs was nice, but pricy, and seemed to have a lot less internal space in it. Great control panel, great jet system but just not quite as nice as jacuzzi we felt.

Hydropool has this self cleaning feature, but way more expensive (looking at 675) and just seemed a bit more old fashioned, although ice bucket is great selling point! £1200 extra for Bluetooth audio is amazing though, all the extras to spec it to jacuzzi just killed it and it was at least £2500 more expensive, even with great show discounts.

So, for the price and testing experience, the 335 seems way to go. I've got a couple of questions if anyone here can help us.

1.  There is a deal from our local dealer on a display model, which has been running for about 3 months outside. It will still come with full jacuzzi warranty though. Any downsides on taking this one instead of brand new? My thought is save a little, plus it should have been thoroughly tested so not as likely to suffer any immediate failures?

2.  In terms of lighting it was hard to see as middle of the day, but can anyone provide a picture of their 335 or 345 at night? We have been in a friend's 465, and I am a little worried that we are just assuming it will look as good as that at night (I know it doesn't have illuminated pillows like the 465, but as the drinks holders lit up?).

3.  For all the issues about price I see in these forums, all you North Americans should be glad you are not in the uk. Price seems to be at least dollars to pounds, although including vat (our 20% sales tax). Prices are including full install, cover lifter, steps and some chemicals. Anything else I should be trying to haggle on?

Hoping to get this ordered in the next couple of days, can't wait to get soaking!

Thanks for any help,

Jamie

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi j-335
« on: October 06, 2013, 06:15:21 pm »

dennisoates

Re: Jacuzzi j-335
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 07:49:26 am »
Hello
I am from Michigan and bought a 1 year old J-355 , and love it. The jets and blower are great. the lighting is just right. easy to clean, and energy efficient. It is also easy to work on, it was left all winter and  it froze, I was able to fix it all myself. I think Jacuzzi warranty is good also, they replaced my heater even though it was prob bad from the ice damage. Better resale too, I bought this used for $1000 us dollars and cost me 700 to get it running properly. I would look at used ones, they are tons of them for sale .

Jamester

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 04:43:48 am »
It arrives on Thursday - so excited!

adds58

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 08:56:18 am »
How did you get on with the Jacuzzi?

I'm based in the UK and we've been looking at Jacuzzi, Hotspot, Hotspring, Beachcomber and California Cooperage. So many to choose from and really can't decide which is best at this point.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 08:56:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42