What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My New Jacuzzi is seriously broken after 1 week of use  (Read 34949 times)

antlese

Re: My New Jacuzzi is seriously broken after 1 week of use
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 08:12:38 pm »
So we have made some progress. The technician came by today and worked on our Jacuzzi. He said there was a loose wire where the electrician made a connection. So he had that fixed and the pumps were running and the water was heating up. We ran both pumps, made sure the stereo and lights were working and he left.

He was not able to screw one of the larger jets back on because he said he needed to get in the tub to give it a good push to screw it on. The water was too cold at this point, so I said that I would put it on later when the water got hot.

So a few hours later the water is 95 degrees. The control panel is still flashing "ICE" at this point (indicating a potential freeze condition). Not sure if this is ok or not. My wife and daughter get in the tub. She has tried to put on the jet cover, but it will not stay on. As they were in the tub they turned on pump 1. This caused one of the diverter valves to fly off, with a large water fountain shooting all over the deck. WTF!!!I don"t recall this being a feature of the tub.

I turned the tub off. Screwed the diverter valve back on. Now the handle that you twist on the diverter will not stay on. I thought maybe the technician had it off for some reason and had just forgotten to fully screw it back on. I screwd it on tight and put more water back in the tub and turned pump 1 on again. Sure  enough, after a few seconds the diverter valve shoots up onto the air again with a large plume of water!!

I have turned the power off to the tub once again and my pissed off wife is sending an email to the dealer.

Sorry for the rant everyone. We are just extremely frustrated with this piece of garbage that we have sitting in our backyard.

Antlese

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 08:12:38 pm »

Flyonthewall

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 08:29:16 pm »
if you haven't already i'd say now is a good time to contact jacuzzi.  clearly that tub should not have passed q/a. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 09:18:20 pm »
I wouldn't be too happy either. At this point I would be demanding that company to be there in the morning.  Why didn't he put the jet back on before filling?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 10:24:45 pm »
  Um yeah I would be pissed at this point!     The diverter shouldn't come flying off if you thread it back on, unless it's cracked or something which is possible but the tech should have caught it.  The jet you have to line up the right tabs then push and turn it clock wise but you shouldn't have to worry about it at this point.   It is very unusual with what you are going through, not sure what's up with that spa.  In the back of the spa on the ABS base is a serial number on a silver sticker. If you get it for me I can look it up and see if I see anything special on it, doubtful but you never know..    Number should start with a 100488874 something like that.. 

antlese

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 10:13:16 am »
I wouldn't be too happy either. At this point I would be demanding that company to be there in the morning.  Why didn't he put the jet back on before filling?

He said he couldnt put the jet on before leaving because he would have to get into the tub to do it and the water was still only 60 degrees.

antlese

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 10:17:09 am »
  Um yeah I would be pissed at this point!     The diverter shouldn't come flying off if you thread it back on, unless it's cracked or something which is possible but the tech should have caught it.  The jet you have to line up the right tabs then push and turn it clock wise but you shouldn't have to worry about it at this point.   It is very unusual with what you are going through, not sure what's up with that spa.  In the back of the spa on the ABS base is a serial number on a silver sticker. If you get it for me I can look it up and see if I see anything special on it, doubtful but you never know..    Number should start with a 100488874 something like that..

Yes, I was lining up the 2 tabs and pushing in as hard as I could...just not going on.
I will get the serial number for you Jim. Would be interesting to see what you find out about it.

antlese

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2013, 10:36:56 am »
I have a theory about what is causing some of the problems in this tub. I should repeat that I am new to hot tubs and am just taking a guess here.

When the tub originally sprung leaks at the circulation pump, and partially drained itself, the remaining water became incredibly hot. Too hot to touch with a bare hand. I really wish that I had thought about getting my digital BBQ thermometer and taken the water temp. Anyhow the water was HOT. The technician said that the water temp sensor was above the level of the water once the leaking started, and the water then continued to heat up. I don't know where this sensor is located.
This very hot water may have been in the tub like this for 30 to 40 hours since we had last used the tub.

There is a lot of plastic in this tub..plastic threads on the jets, plastic threads on the diverter valve etc. I understand that when plastic is heated up, it contracts.

My theory is that this super hot water caused a lot of this plastic to contract, and deform slightly. Thus the jets are poping off and the diverter valve is flying off. I'm sure there are other plastic components and fittings inside the tub that are messed up as well. I can say that I screwed on that diverter valve very tight and within seconds of turning on the pump it was air bourne.

Anyway, we have contacted a manager at the dealer that sold us the Jacuzzi. Hopefully he has heard enough to think about replacing this for us.

Antlese.

vangoghsear

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 11:32:33 am »
Some states have lemon laws that protect consumers of large products.

I'd give the dealer the chance to do right, but you maybe should check and see what your state's position is on the lemon law.  A well placed comment on your part might get you a replacement if they can't get his hot tub working right without constant toying around with it.

State and federal "Lemon Laws" provide compensation to consumers of defective vehicles including motorcycles, RV's, boats, computers and other consumer appliances and products. To qualify under a Lemon Law, you must generally have a product with multiple repair attempts or too many days out of service under the manufacturer's factory warranty. Lemon Law compensation can include a refund, replacement or cash compensation, plus payment of your attorney's fees and court costs.

From here:

http://www.attorneysforconsumers.com/

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 01:08:49 pm »
  I should have added that, you still have to give them a  good honest chance to fix it and get it back on track.    Most companies  are not just going to swap it out that quick regardless of the problems..

antlese

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 01:30:13 pm »
  I should have added that, you still have to give them a  good honest chance to fix it and get it back on track.    Most companies  are not just going to swap it out that quick regardless of the problems..

Agreed.  :)
I do want to give them the chance to make this right, and make us glad that we bought their product. This is the reason why I have not mentioned where I live, or who the dealer is. I don't want to shed too much negative light on them  until they have the opportunity to take care of things from their end.
I did feel that mentioning that it was a Jacuzzi was important in terms of receiving some help from others who may have had a similar issue.

Antlese.

Jacuzzi_Kirra

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 11:09:59 pm »
Sorry for your troubles, it's almost amusing at this point with everything going wrong.  What is the owner of the hot tub store telling you your options are.  I'd only settle on replacing the Jacuzzi with a brand new one at this point with everything that has happened.  Was this a brand new one, i.e. still wrapped in the white paper when it arrived at your house or a floor model? 

Go to this website and document what has happened.  I'd also send a link to this forum for them to view this feed. 

http://www.jacuzzihottubs.com/contact/

Did you pay for this with a credit card?  If so, talk to the store owner and ask him what he's going to do to correct this immediately and if it's not acceptable to you, go online and dispute the charges and tell the dealer to come pick up his junk.    Your the consumer and you spent a large amount of money on this Jacuzzi.  I'd raise the tactics and pressure the dealer to replace it or refund your money.  Stories like this is why so many dealers went out of business during the economic struggles of 2008 - 2012, they deliver poor quality products and don't back them up.  At least he's sent the tech over to your house a couple of times.  Why hasn't the owner of the business been out to your house to take charge of the problems?  I'm assuming its a small local business since you don't want to publish names and locations. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:18:12 pm by Jacuzzi_Kirra »

JohnnyK45

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 04:40:56 am »
Sounds like this hot tub was the last one being inspected at the plant on a late Friday shift, prior to a long Holiday weekend break.  Not sure I could remain as patient as you've been; what a frickin' nightmare.  Fingers crossed they finally get it fixed correctly.

J

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 07:00:23 am »
So 4 days after your initial problem and it still sounds like your having problems. I still don't think that's to bad. I do however think your dealer needs to focus his service guys a little bit more, or get one more of them, so they can spend their time doing a service call right the first time instead of multiple trips. No only would the service call cost less for the dealer but the customers would be happier.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 01:01:49 pm »
Sorry for your troubles, it's almost amusing at this point with everything going wrong.  What is the owner of the hot tub store telling you your options are.  I'd only settle on replacing the Jacuzzi with a brand new one at this point with everything that has happened.  Was this a brand new one, i.e. still wrapped in the white paper when it arrived at your house or a floor model? 

Go to this website and document what has happened.  I'd also send a link to this forum for them to view this feed. 

http://www.jacuzzihottubs.com/contact/

Did you pay for this with a credit card?  If so, talk to the store owner and ask him what he's going to do to correct this immediately and if it's not acceptable to you, go online and dispute the charges and tell the dealer to come pick up his junk.    Your the consumer and you spent a large amount of money on this Jacuzzi.  I'd raise the tactics and pressure the dealer to replace it or refund your money.  Stories like this is why so many dealers went out of business during the economic struggles of 2008 - 2012, they deliver poor quality products and don't back them up.  At least he's sent the tech over to your house a couple of times.  Why hasn't the owner of the business been out to your house to take charge of the problems?  I'm assuming its a small local business since you don't want to publish names and locations.

It's not a psc of junk or poor quality, remember the same people built yours.    I will say it's having some strange issues, but not even close to being replaced yet, but then I don't know who their dealer is, but in most cases replacement is a last resort of failure to fix the issue after several trips.  Just an FYI. 

antlese

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 08:49:22 am »
Hey everyone,
Just another update for you guys who may be interested. We are still talking with the dealer who has agreed that the tub has a lot of problems. Lol.
They say that they are talking with Jacuzzi to see what can be done. So far the dealer has been quick to respond to our phone calls and emails, which we are somewhat comforted by. Hope to hear back from them again today.

The tub is now drained and waiting for something to happen to it....hopefully a trip back to Jacuzzi.

Antlese.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 08:49:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42