What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best hot tubs below $ 3000  (Read 20852 times)

mwolters

Best hot tubs below $ 3000
« on: May 30, 2004, 12:02:07 am »
This is my first   time on this site. So, what would be the best hot tub for my wife's aches & pains? For under $ 3000.

Hot Tub Forum

Best hot tubs below $ 3000
« on: May 30, 2004, 12:02:07 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Best hot tubs below $ 3000
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 01:33:11 am »
Are you quoting in US dollars or Can?

In all honesty, $3000.00 is a lot of money, but you will not find something comfortable, energy efficient and therapeutic at that price in a hot tub.

My suggestion would be a jetted bathtub or save up for a year or two and get something you'll be happy with long-term. Can you put that money down and finance the rest at a good interest rate? Your payments would be very affordable and you'll be far happier.

There are cheaper tubs on the market but without trying to sound like a snoot, a quality spa will not only offer you the things I mentioned previously, but the headaches that come with cheap products aren't worth the cost in most cases.

Maybe someone can shed some light on a decent deal for you. What is your location? I truly hope you get something that offer's your wife a form of therapy and quality of life.

Steve

Tubber

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 05:33:29 am »
You should look at the Nordic round tubs they have a small one called the impulse. Nordic makes a great product lifetime gaurauntee on the shell a simple design whirpool tub for true whirlpool therapy. The impulse is a 110 plug in . The Nordic sport is the next step up with more power under $4000.00

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 01:36:07 pm »
In that price range you will find

Nordic
Freeflow
Tuff Spas
Softub
Image/Icon
X-spadition
Vita-Duet
Solana- by Watkins Mfg.

And a plethora of used spa bargains found in the classified want ads. ;)

If you have to have new- I would point you toward Freeflow and Tuff Spas. Both are rotationally molded spas with very similar equipment and lay out- They are a good starter spa and do not have the disadvantage of soft vinyl sides which can be damaged easily by kids and pets. They are also both deep enough to sit in and be submerged without displacing water out of the tub. Both have an actual heating element and can be wired for either 110v or 220v...

(Yes, there is a disclaimer here- I currently do warranty repair for the local Freeflow dealer and am on the cusp of being a Tuff Spas dealer... take it however you want...)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 03:17:18 pm »
Well, I'm a Freeflow dealer as well, and I don't mind saying they will get you into hot water for very little money. Don't expect great things - they are a sideline business for a large plastic molding company - but they will work.

You will spend more time keeping the water fresh and clean, you will use a bit more chlorine to make up for the less-than-stellar filtration system, and you won't get a large variety of jets.

But you asked about helping ease pain for less than $3000 and this brand will do it.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 07:39:24 pm »
Marquis has a line that is called the "everyday Hot tub"...the 212 from them is their starting spa and usually can be find for about 3000.00 it is something you might want to consider....
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 02:04:37 pm by Mendocino101 »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 09:51:47 pm »
Marquis has a line that is called the "everyday Hot tub"...the 212 from them is their starting and spa and usually can be find for about 3000.00 it is something you might want to consider....

Good advice.  Marquis is a very high quality spa.

Rboehme

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 08:21:36 pm »
As a spa technician, I can recommend the Nordic line of spas. They are inexpensive and of good quality. If you are looking for a 1 to 2 person spa, there are many manufacturers that have spas around $3,000.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 08:21:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42