What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vita Spa vs. Costco Spa vs. Jacuzzi Premium  (Read 14493 times)

Jay_Suede

Vita Spa vs. Costco Spa vs. Jacuzzi Premium
« on: June 01, 2004, 10:25:51 pm »
I believe I have it narrowed down to 3 spas:

J-365 Jacuzzi Premium without CD for $6195.00.  Specs are 91" x 84" x 38", 374 gallon

Vita Spa 700 Series Nuage for $6800.00 without CD.  Specs are 84" x 84" x 38", 450 gallon

or
Costco ProForm Magnum Media Spa for $4799.00, plus an extra $300 to have delivered around back, so $5100.00

The debate here is whether to save around $1500.00 by going with the Costco spa made by Icon Health & Fitness out of Texas.  This spa includes 41 water jets, 10 air jets, CD with 2 base speakers and 2 swivel speakers, and fiber optic lighting.  All 3 spas have ozonators.  Size is 84" x 84" x 36", 340 gallon.  Looks excellent on paper but have not wet tested.  Looking at the low margins the big boxes work on, this could be a good deal.  Can be viewed at costco.com

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with the Big box spas?

Any feedback on the Vita or Jacuzzi Premium Spa?  

Hot Tub Forum

Vita Spa vs. Costco Spa vs. Jacuzzi Premium
« on: June 01, 2004, 10:25:51 pm »

leeni318

Re: Vita Spa vs. Costco Spa vs. Jacuzzi Premium
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 04:00:51 pm »
  ???would love to know where you getting that price for the j-365...my husband and I love it, but are getting the price of $7700.00 from Harrows...the only place that carries jacuzzi premium on long island.....whats the story with this huge price difference.....

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 05:03:38 pm »
Stay away from the big box spas like Costco, Sams Club, Home Depot.  They are not in the same class as Jacuzzi, that's for sure.  
Also, be sure to wet test any spa you are considering to purchase.  Not sure if that's possible at costo, or if I'd actually have the brass to do it if it was.
Brewman
Brewman

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 07:23:27 pm »
Screw Harrows they want $1200 more then I paid.I am sure there are a few jacuzzi dealers in long island or queens.Johnny Thunders

leeni318

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 08:22:05 am »
wish there were...harrows is the only jacuzzi dealer on long island....if i go out of state, i.e..PA...what would the reliability of service be...tempted...but i really don't know...

Snuggles

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 11:11:26 am »
I bought my Jacuzzi J-330 from Harrows. This is peak season and they will hammer you with price right now. If you can wait it out I'd suggest going to their clearance center on Spagnoli Road in Melville. They sell floor models, and season leftovers in January/February. I paid $3,500.00 for 2003 model which they wanted $5,700.00 during the summer. It was brand new in the crate. I know it's tough to put this off till then, but it gives you the opportunity to get your home work done. I'd suggest looking at other brands also so you can compare. Route 110 in Farmingdale has about 5 dealers of different brands for you to check out. I was able to compare Coleman's , Hot Spring, Cal Spa, and Jacuzzi all in the same day. Loved the Hot Spring, and Jacuzzis. I am very happy with my Jacuzzi and the price I got it for was a bonus. Remember to wet test before you buy, you won't regret it. Good Luck!! ;D      

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2004, 01:11:24 pm »
Think you might have to wait till they have a REAL sale.Like i say screw harrows and go rent a truck and go to Bethlehem Pa to Dr feelgoodes in Bethlehem only 2 hours away.And if you have a problem with it i am sure Jacuzzi will have someone to fix it for you like Harrows but you will be on the bottom of their list lol.I am sure the are many places on Rt110 and sunrise highway but i think you will pay a lot more unless you want a no name for $6000.Call Dr Feelgoodes and ask for Terry and tell him how far you are coming and you want real prices so you don't waste your time.Johnny Thunders

leeni318

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2004, 02:21:35 pm »
thanks johnnythunders and snuggles...good advice both of you...i have been all over route 110...have such a headache from this whole thing...(wish i had a hot tub to relax in. right now)...plus else where on the island.. been to hot springs, sundance, master spa, marquis, vita, and, of course, jacuzzi premium...really liked the tiger river caspian,but not getting a whole lot..with the spa....no ozonater, no cover lifter...steps and cover only...price $6000...next favorite..vita...nuage...get everything...$6995....and then there is the jacuzzi premium..j-365...and tried out the 355..(didn't want a lounger...but now we don't know....)why is this such a hard decision...can't figure it out.....harder than buyiing a car.....whats the story on a Vita.....good as jacuzzi premium the others...???? thanks guys!!

twok99

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 08:23:25 am »
I dumped Harrows also, price was too high.  I got my J-370 from Dover Pools in Freehold, NJ.  They may deliver to LI.  I also found a great service company 10 minutes from home by calling Jacuzzi customer service.

66vette

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2004, 09:54:17 am »
Hey Jay_Suede, getting back to your ORIGINAL question, I bought a spa from Costco about 3 months ago,(Monarch model from Imperial Spas which is company under Jacuzzi Spas Division in Chino, Ca.).  It was the bottom line model, 32 jets, 2 pumps, ozonator, cover, cover lift, etc. for 3100 (including curbside shipping, but threw delivery guys half a C-note, and they placed it on my cement pad).  So far, not bad, but I have 10 more months on warranty to see.  Caveat Emptor! (hope spelling correct)

The cover lift was damaged upon delivery and received new one in 1 week from Sundance Spas (curious huh?), and Heating coil was not working right so local repair place getting new one under warranty.   So, I have not had any really unpleasant experience yet.

Bottom line, if you're willing to take a chance ie., competent local repairmen who will honor company's warranty, no hand holding from salesman, and possible continuous calling to company if problems arise, then plunge into the big box purchase (I don't hold Sam's club, Home crappo, lowes, etc. in same league as Costco).  Good luck. and don't forget to call the spa manufacturer from big box to see what warranty is, and any authorized dealers/repairmen are in your area.

ebimbo

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2004, 06:17:18 pm »
Went to Costco and the Magna looks like a terrific deal. They throw in backyard delivery, double the warrenty (10 years shell, 4 years motors and electronics), free steps, light, cover, chemicals, etc, etc.

So the big question, is this tub any good?????? On paper, it compares well against other equivalent models.

Could sure use a firsthand review of this puppy since the Costco promotion ends this coming weekend. Thanks.......ed

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 06:48:36 pm »
Actually, the question is, are you able to wet test a Costco spa?  No way would I purchase a hot tub without a test drive.  In our shopping experience, we rejected a couple models due to the way they tested out.  After delivery it's too late to change your mind if you don't like the fit or performance.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 06:48:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42