What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My "Vintage" Spa REPLACED 06-2013!  (Read 27240 times)

Spoiledrotten

My "Vintage" Spa REPLACED 06-2013!
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:43:28 am »
It's a 1994 model Vita. It's our first and is serving us very nicely as a beginner, "learn the ropes" spa.
I realize it's not state of the art, but it does provide a wonderful place to relax and get away from the rest of the world while sipping on some good old home made wine.

We've added a gazebo with mosquito netting around to keep those MS state birds (mosquitos) away from our little paradise.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:35:34 am by Spoiledrotten »
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

My "Vintage" Spa REPLACED 06-2013!
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:43:28 am »

JohnnyK45

Re: My "Vintage" Spa...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 03:03:31 pm »
28 years old and that tub looks amazing - WOW - have you done much to the wood sides - they look to be in great shape.  I remember our chat about the hanging light, but never saw your tub up close; that deserves some kind of collector's plate on it!  ;D

Very nice!

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 03:52:14 pm »
Thanks, Johnny. It was purchased and put in a sunroom for all of those years by the original owner, so it didn't get sun faded or bleached out. When we got it, we put Orange Glow on the redwood and viola, it look showroom clean. We're pretty proud of it. I'd love to get a larger one, but the real redwood sides look so much better than the simulated wood grain stuff they put on so many of the newer ones. I'm sure I'll go that route one day, but for now, I'm going to stick with this one. Runs like a top, too! It just needs a few replacement jets, but at its age, I'm a little scared to try to put too much pressure on unscrewing the old ones. Just don't want to damage it.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 12:37:22 pm »
I'm fixing to purchase one of these to put on my spa to control the blower motor.

http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-ACSC-Duct-Speed-Adjuster/dp/B003URBQ1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354642377&sr=8-1&keywords=Duct+Fan+Speed+Adjuster

My blower has two speeds; wide open and off. With this control, I can dial the amount of turbulence I want in the spa, from bubbling action coming up through the water to full blown, water in your face, action. Got any comments on that idea?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:38:58 pm by Spoiledrotten »

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 08:26:26 am »
I got the fan controller installed and it works perfectly. Just what I needed to slow that blower down some.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 11:59:26 am »
My little wife just bought me a towel/robe warmer for my BD, to put out by our spa.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:36:39 am by Spoiledrotten »

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 09:17:23 am »
The wife and I went out this weekend and bought a new Hot Tub. After lots of research, we went with the 2013 Hot Springs Envoy. This thing is beautiful and looks like lots of great soaks in our future. We have thoroughly enjoyed the "vintage" spa for the last several months, and it was a great starter tub to make sure we would like it after the "old" new wore off, but it is time for a little upgrade. It's supposed to be delivered this week. Really excited over the new addition to our little corner of paradise.

What do you folks think about the HS Envoy?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 07:56:07 am by Spoiledrotten »

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 08:10:39 am »
Okay, they delivered my new HS Envoy. I got it set up and running. Chems are doing their thing. Now, I have to get the bug screen gazebo built up around it. Proud owner!

JohnnyK45

Re: My "Vintage" Spa REPLACED 06-2013!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 04:44:22 am »
Wow, that's a beauty!  Looks like lots of great years ahead of you in that one, very impressive.  So, did some relative or neighbor end up on the receiving end of your old classic hot tub?  :)

girlinhotwater

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 09:20:21 pm »
Is yours a 2013 model? Mine is a 2012 and the cover folds the opposite direction. Just curious. Aren't you loving it! I just got mine two weeks ago and its a little slice of heaven especially the other night sitting in the spa looking up at the Supermoon!

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 07:41:49 am »
Thanks, Johnny. My brother is the recipient of the vintage. I'm going to be delivering it to him in a couple of weeks. Ready to get it out of the driveway. We also bought a new canvas gazebo to go over this one like we did the other one. Really enjoying our new one, but wouldn't take a $5.00 bill for the experience we got with the older one. It was a great learning experience for us, plus, we got to use it for a while to be sure we really wanted a better one.

And to the girlinhotwater; it is a 2013 and we ARE loving it! Hot Spring knew what they were doing when they created this one! The only negative thing about it so far is very minor, yet important. It doesn't have a pillow in the corner seat by the water feature. They missed it on that move. That is a premium seat and should have a pillow, so I ordered one to be installed on it. We've spent the days looking forward to the evening soaks.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:00:49 am by Spoiledrotten »

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 07:57:45 am »
From the inside:

And the little wife enjoying the invigorating back massage in her little corner.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 07:59:16 am »
double post... sorry    :o
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:01:39 am by Spoiledrotten »

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 06:58:43 pm »
I added a third pillow to my HS Envoy, today.  Now, I can't wait until this evening to try it out. HS should have already done this.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 10:09:08 am »
I didn't like the Poly steps that came with my package, so I sent them back to the dealership at the time of delivery. I built my own steps. I also put LED lighting under them so they would glow from under and between the HT and the steps. Here's how they turned out. We used a "coffee" stain and although it wasnt the "Expresso" it was a much darker than I would have chosen, but then it perfectly matches the cover lift and the trim on the gazebo.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 10:09:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42