What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Major help needed - picking a spa!  (Read 15054 times)

megan

Re: Major help needed - picking a spa!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 01:10:13 pm »
Hi Twin Citi
I just wanted you to know that I LOVE Hot Springs hot Tubs!  Problem - There is only one guy/store about an hour away from me.  They are not friendly, snobby and don't negotiate well.  I shop all over the country for things I need or have to buy.  Id rather give the sale to a nice salesman that deserves it.  Do I have to buy from him????  I think I do???  Dont I also have to get it serviced by them???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 01:10:13 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 02:03:45 pm »
Hi Twin Citi
I just wanted you to know that I LOVE Hot Springs hot Tubs!  Problem - There is only one guy/store about an hour away from me.  They are not friendly, snobby and don't negotiate well.  I shop all over the country for things I need or have to buy.  Id rather give the sale to a nice salesman that deserves it.  Do I have to buy from him????  I think I do???  Dont I also have to get it serviced by them???

You will be serviced by whatever store you buy from. All the major spa makers have a dealer locator on their websites where you simply enter your zip code and they tell you who is local, use it to see what options you have for good brands like Caldera, D1, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi and Sundance.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 02:43:22 pm »
Hi Twin Citi

I just don't want anyone to make an uninformed decision, I know the web can be good for research but in this business it is also full of people with an agenda and bad information, luckily, you stumbled upon this site where most of us give a straight honest answer.  Myself, Chas, Spatech, Jacuzzi Jim and a few others are just lowly spa guys with some extra time on our hands occasionally that we use to help others out with no set "agenda"

manwgoldengun

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 09:26:14 am »
"I'm looking California, but feeling Minnesota" after that post!!!   I see the Hot Springs logo on your profile.  I am sure you are loyal to them at the very least.  Thanks for insulting my intelligence, btw.  Would I really base a $10,000 purchase on a "random salesperson." 

As for ozone, yes, I have experienced my spa cover and my sap pillows get DESTROYED by it.  I owned a Coleman for years with ozone.

MEGAN--I WILL FIND THE POST REGARDING HOT SPRINGS SPAS CATCHING ON FIRE AND THE ENSUING RECALL OF THEIR HEATERS. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:30:35 am by Forum Admin »

megan

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 10:10:40 am »
Hi Guys!!

Thanks to ALL who responded to me!!! :)  It is nice to see that others are willing to help on this forum...agenda or not! ;)  Everyone has their favorites!  I like the fact that good or bad you guys took your time for me!  And I agree..... the ultimate choice is mine!  I like to always be informed....I didnt know anything about this!!  Haha...and still dont!!!  I just want to sit in my HOT Tub!!! ;)  Sooner than later!!
Any negotiating tips........?  No one touched on that sensitive topic!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 09:41:51 pm »
As a dealer, I have had to make a change in the way we have done business for over 25 years. So many customers were walking out because I quoted a price and stuck with it. I have never played games: the price I set at the beginning of the year used to be the price everyone paid until there was a reason to change it. That usually came in the form of an increase with a new model year, or increase in some other costs.

But this year I have had to jump into the games with the rest: I now quote a bit higher, and 'let' them talk me down. I assure you, I end up at the price I have to get to keep our doors open and my family fed, but I have seen more sales as people feel they are getting a deal.

So - be aware that a dealer may do the same to you. Or they may still be doing what I have done for over two decades and only just changed: they may quote a price and stick with it. Either way, you are NOT going to somehow beat the guy out of a price even if he says you are! You will pay what the dealer needs to get to stay in business.

I hope I'm coming across in a helpful way here: you asked about negotiations, and I'm trying to say that you should not be afraid to ask for a lower price, but don't storm out if the dealer quotes one price and sticks with it either. You may be a top negotiator, but you are simply not going to get some dealer to give you a spa for less than they need to survive.

Having said all of that, let me suggest that once you get the bottom line price, you can still ask for inclusions. Covers usually come with a tub, some even include ozone systems. Ask for steps, Cover Lifting Devices, extra chems, maybe an extra filter to put on the shelf, things like that.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 10:42:56 pm »
 Top notch reply Chas!! 

goose973

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 01:51:25 pm »
With regard to negotiations, I found this very difficult, too. Not because I don't know how to negotiate, but because I didn't know if the prices I was being quoted were the full MSRP or if they had been discounted. Also, it is tough because you really have limited choices in many areas. I was fortunate that I had two Sundance dealers within an hour of me, and I liked them both. We had seriously considered Arctic, but our closest dealer was 90 minutes away. The next closest was 5 hours away. In the end, we couldn't justify buying the arctic for $2500 more. So, it came down to sundance. By asking both for quotes and then seeing who would give us the best deal we saved $1400. I was surprised the difference in price was that big ($8400 vs. $7000), but it was. Do your comparison shopping.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 01:51:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42