What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: best breaker panel/disconnect/ect  (Read 2474 times)

wideglidesmb

best breaker panel/disconnect/ect
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:44:20 pm »
gonna go ahead and get my electrical work done and would like some feedback on which pre-configured panel most of you prefer. ive decided to go with a 60 amp kit and with 1/2 extra slots for branch outlets, preferrably 2. so im finding quite a variety of makes and prices. GE, cutler-hammer, siemens, conneticuit electric, and more. im very familiar with all brands except the last. so which do most of you prefer. thanks....oh and i know i need 6 ga wiring and all the particulairs about that. thanks guys...also just so you know im an industrial engineering tech and work on electrical up to 13.8 KV and certified electronics tech and soon to get a LLE license. just want input on likes/dislikes and why

Hot Tub Forum

best breaker panel/disconnect/ect
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:44:20 pm »

clover

Re: best breaker panel/disconnect/ect
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 01:00:45 pm »
I have found Square D to be the most reliable GFCI breaker.  They all do the same job, but I have seen more Siemens breakers replaced than Square D.

The GFCI should go outside, not a quick disconnect, using a regular breaker in the main panel supply.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 08:19:18 pm »
Have you considered that perhaps that there's a lot more Siemens breakers in use??....twice as many, twice the number of failures

Just thought I'd throw that out there :-)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

clover

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 01:26:16 pm »
Dr. Spa, that may be, but my only exposure to breakers, and the failure thereof, are those installed in 3,000 + hot tubs we have delivered, and I can only relate to OUR experience on those hot tubs serviced by us.  I have had many faulty tripping calls that led to a bad breaker, they were most commonly NOT Square D which can be a little more expensive than others. 

My experinece to GFCI breakers is isolated to hot tub use over 28 years.

Technically, they all do the same job.   
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 01:26:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42