What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: laguna bay tubs?  (Read 57932 times)

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: laguna bay tubs?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 01:46:49 pm »
You might get more responses if you start a new thread but... I would suggest (1)buying from a reputable dealer that you are comfortable with (2) buying the highest quality you can within your budget and size requirement and (3) wet test before you buy to make sure it is the spa for you. HTH :D
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 01:46:49 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 05:41:56 pm »
We have been searching for new hot tubs for our back deck.  Right now, we have an outdated tub that was here when we bought our house.  I am a newbie when it comes to shopping for hot tubs, there are so many brands to choose from, not quite sure where to start.  Any tips?

Start with the phone book. See who's local.
Retired

rnikodem@hotmail.com

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 11:09:10 pm »
HI

Well I have the Laguna X6 and it is a nice spa but is junk....Seriously has blown up 5 times since I put it in in November.  It blew up again today.   I am talking literally starting on fire...the heater connector to the master board starts on fire and melts down.  This has happened 4 time in 5 months.  The top side control failed once.  I have had to replace the main control cabinet 3 times... The guys at Liesure products  are really nice and they send out lots of parts but that doesnt heat the water.  They have extended my warranty but I dont want to have to worry every day and check for smoke to see if its on fire again...seriously I had a proffessional go through this thing to ensure I am not doing something wrong..

Russ in Wisconsin

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 07:07:28 am »
Hey Wideglidesmp,

Are you really pretending not to be a Dynasty employee??

And I see you live in Tn.  Your first post is to come in and defend Laguna?

FYI, my Dynasty is 9 years old, but maybe you jinxed me, I have a leak to fix now  :'(  I might consider buying from them again.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 10:33:18 am »
Julie,

Start by looking at major name brands. Those would be:
HotSpring Portable spas (That would include both the Limelight and Highlife series, and also the Hot Spot tubs)
Sundance
Marquis

There are others who make great tubs, but start with those before you move on if can.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

dreamlandspas

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 03:57:20 am »
The Laguna Bay hot tub is for home appliances with necessary modifications for better hydrotherapy experience. Laguna Bay hot tubs are available in wide ranges of choices that will suit the needs of quality and budgets.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 04:20:05 pm »
The Laguna Bay hot tub is for home appliances with necessary modifications for better hydrotherapy experience. Laguna Bay hot tubs are available in wide ranges of choices that will suit the needs of quality and budgets.

thanks for jumping in to shill  ::)

PickWill

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 03:00:18 pm »
I remember when I was originally searching for a hot tub and Laguna Bay Spas popped up... I dunno about you guys, but I'm always skeptical about online dealers because you never know what you're gonna get, but I took a chance anyway. They shipped my tub for free and I got a free cover too, which was pretty sweet. It was awesome the first time I used it and I was worried that maybe it wouldn't retain the heat or work as well as I'd hoped... but it's been working great since I bought it, which was about 6 months ago. I think the way to buy a hot tub is to find one from a reputable dealer (like someone else said in this thread) and then MAINTAIN it. Even the best tubs require maintenance so anyone who thinks Laguna Bay Spas don't sell great products probably have never owned a tub before and thus do not have the experience in maintaining it properly. Regardless, the hot tub I got has been an amazing and worthwhile investment.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 05:47:09 pm »
They threw in a cover for free? Wow.
Retired

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 05:50:14 pm »
FREE = Something you pay for, that isn't itemized on the bill
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

JohnnyK45

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 09:50:25 pm »

;D

paulcicero

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 09:36:36 pm »
For whatitnis worth, I just got my laguna bay x-6 and it is awesome. (and no, I do not work for Laguna bay, I work for a auto dealership, lol).

JohnnyK45

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 12:13:54 am »
Good to hear a positive review on your spa.  If you have a moment Paul, would love to see a few photos of it set up; it might help others as well who are in the market looking at different hot tubs, etc. - feel free to add any photos to this section of the forum...

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/board,5.0.html

J

PickWill

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 02:54:53 pm »

It really was free. I couldn't believe it a first either since covers are hundreds of dollar and so is shipping, but I didn't have to pay a cent for either.

I'm glad that others enjoy Laguna Bay Spas - I love my hot tub and don't see what the bad rep is all about.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 06:24:03 am »
I was being sarcastic. When you buy a hot tub from anyone they come with a cover.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 06:24:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42