What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FLO2 error on my J370  (Read 17351 times)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
FLO2 error on my J370
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:00:47 pm »
Trying to decide if this is something I should even bother with myself.  What say ye wise men of the internet?
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

FLO2 error on my J370
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:00:47 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: FLO2 error on my J370
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:21:10 am »
Try searching on that term, it seems to come up here a lot.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ndabunka

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 02:58:04 pm »
Yea, I did see those prior threads and am about to attempt the "Happy Days" approach (tapping it a few times) as I do think that it has worked int he past.  The other thing I was going to attempt is to forced a large volume of water through the system in an effort to flush out any small pieces of debris that may have wedged themselves in there over the years.  If I recall correctly, something similar happened6 months back so it may simply be getting to a point where it needs to be replaced.  I have to pick up some new pillows and have gotten a quote from Jacuzzi Jim but simply have not yet had the time to make that decision.  It looks like I may need to get another quote for this replacement piece as well.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 08:25:48 am »
If there is nothing in the flow switch holding it closed, just replace the flow switch.  Replace the WHOLE flow switch, don't just unscrew the old one and screw in the new one. 

ndabunka

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 11:34:14 pm »
Solutions was MUCH easier.  Left the GFCI off for three days with the cover on.  Went out today to take the panels off and force water through the inlets to get the water moving.  Turned out nothing was needed.  It simply cleared itself when the power was restored so I assume it was simply some loose impediments in the water flow that got stuck in the lines and/or valve.  I did take time to suction some loose stuff off the floor through the water so it wouldn't happen again and then spent time cleaning the synthetic outside.

ndabunka

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 02:47:55 pm »
If there is nothing in the flow switch holding it closed, just replace the flow switch.  Replace the WHOLE flow switch, don't just unscrew the old one and screw in the new one. 

It's happened again and it appears that the tub has been off since before the holidays (2 weeks+) so the water is now cold.  How much is a "flow switch" and can I pick one up at a local Lowes or HomeDepot?

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 10:19:21 am »

It's happened again and it appears that the tub has been off since before the holidays (2 weeks+) so the water is now cold.  How much is a "flow switch" and can I pick one up at a local Lowes or HomeDepot?

You will need to pick one up at a local dealer.  They are somewhere between $50-100 if they are the same as the ones on a Sundance.

ndabunka

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 11:58:18 pm »
Thanks.  I have a local dealer.  They take a while if they order things but the weather here isn't harsh so the water won't freeze or anything over the next few weeks.

justaquickaccount

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 02:22:51 pm »
Because this thread is one of the top results for "jacuzzi flo2", I wanted to include my problem and corrective action.

First: on a Jacuzzi, the FLO2 error simply means the electronics are informed of "flo" when the electronics don't think there should be flo.  The error can be caused by a stuck sensor as most of this thread discusses, but can also be caused by:
1)   A “short” in the sensor circuit  (anywhere from the circuit board all the way to the sensor)
   a.   So the main board may need to be replace or the sensor may need to be replaced
   b.   The sensor assembly for my Jacuzzi also contains the wires.

2)   The circulation pump running when the electronics think it shouldn’t
   a.   This is what caused my issue.  When the previous pump fried, it took out the main fuse and threw the breaker.  It also melted the relay contacts together causing the new pump to run constantly. 
   b.   As described, there was flow to the sensor at all times and the electronics reported this as a flo2.

I hope this helps someone out.     

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 02:22:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42