What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Polynesian Schematic  (Read 8236 times)

slausonm

Polynesian Schematic
« on: May 30, 2009, 02:51:46 pm »
Hello,
I purchased an old 2 person Polynesian spa. It has a pneumatic type control.After checking and replacing the heating unit and two relays, I still can't get it to heat the water. The spa says Polynesian and it seems to be made by Jacuzzi.  The unit is 120Volt. I have good flow from the pump and the air works. No pilot light on to the heating unit, no voltage seems to be getting to the element.  Controls seem pretty simple, a pneumatic switch and two relays.  There is also a flow switch which seems to be working, as I can manualy triger it and check it with a multi meter.  Anybody have a wiring schematic for this unit?  Seems to have been made in the 80's??

Hot Tub Forum

Polynesian Schematic
« on: May 30, 2009, 02:51:46 pm »

slausonm

Re: Polynesian Schematic
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 07:06:31 pm »
After much searching, I found a web site with a generic wiring diagram and a general description on how the tub is supose to work. Seems to work fine now that I reworked the wiring.  I am a bit surprised that nobody responded to my request. Seems like their are quite a number of knowledgable people from some of the responses I've read.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 07:48:40 am »
This time of year and under current conditions, things are a little slow here, especially on the weekend. So what did you find to be the cause?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:48:59 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 04:48:26 pm »
What is the model number to the equipment I might have one if you still need it.

I was out riding my scooter through the Utah and Colorado mountains last week so this the soonest I could respond.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

slausonm

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 07:22:35 pm »
When I installed the new heater, I matched what was there wire for wire.  The old unit didn't work, so I didn't know if it was wired correctly in the first place. The wire was dry rotted and the heater had water in it and all kinds of rust.  After finding a website with a generic wiring diagram, I learned that two wires were incorrect and that the heater only heats when the pump is on low speed. After testing all of the relays and voltages to the different components I finally figured it out.   Had someone given me the hint that the heater is only supose to heat when the unit is on low pump speed, I probably would have figured things out without the wiring diagram.

The tub was a craigslist buy.I figured I wouldn't be out much if it turned into a fish pond instead of a hot tub, so I wasn't afraid to try to wire it  myself. The tub is ready to be set on my deck now. The GFCI circuit is wired up and ready to go.  Now I have to figure out how to maintain the water...more questions later.  ;D

FYI, I have a 20 x40 inground pool that I wired so I'm pretty confident that everyone is safe. The electrical inspector liked my work.
Thanks, Matt

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 12:25:11 pm »
Sounds like you did a good job.  Not sure from your original post anyone could have given you the low speed clue.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 12:25:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42