What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: When to replace filters on Hotspring Vanguard?  (Read 5395 times)

cburk0677

When to replace filters on Hotspring Vanguard?
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:02:59 am »
I've had my hotspring vanguard for 2 years now and am still on the same filters it came with. I change the water out 2-3 times per year and keep the chemical levels as close to perfect as I can. The water clarity is still good. The filters seem to be in decent shape. The plastic on top has started to discolor from the chemicals. The pleats on the filters are still white but it isn't the brilliant white like they were when they were brand new.

Should I get new filters now or if not how do I know when they need to be replaced. I really don't want to wait too long and have them start falling apart.

When I do replace the filters should I get the standard filters or are the Tri-x filters worth the additional money.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:03:38 am by cburk0677 »
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

When to replace filters on Hotspring Vanguard?
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:02:59 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: When to replace filters on Hotspring Vanguard?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:20:51 pm »
How do you take care of the filters?  Do you chemically clean and rotate?

I would suggest you get a 2nd set now.  Clean the current ones.  Keep them.  Next time you drain and refill install old ones and clean new ones.  I am told having 2 sets and letting them dry extends life of filters.  Also, no downtime while waiting for filters to soak overnight.

I would probably stick to original filters.  However, we have many customers who have upgraded.  If you want the added convienence of cleaning in dishwasher, go for it.   :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Summitman

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 02:16:21 pm »
How do you take care of the filters?  Do you chemically clean and rotate?

I would suggest you get a 2nd set now.  Clean the current ones.  Keep them.  Next time you drain and refill install old ones and clean new ones.  I am told having 2 sets and letting them dry extends life of filters.  Also, no downtime while waiting for filters to soak overnight.

I would probably stick to original filters.  However, we have many customers who have upgraded.  [glow]If you want the added convienence of cleaning in dishwasher, go for it.[/glow]   :)[/quote

Mmmmmm..., sounds yummy!  Who in the heck washes their spa filters in the same thing that washes your dishes! Yuck

zroger73

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:32:57 pm »
Who washes their spa filters in the dishwasher? Me.

There's more bacteria growing inside your dishwasher in between loads than on your spa filters. Actually, I did it once and was unimpressed with the results. I clean my Tri-X filters by spraying with filter cleaner and letting them sit for 15 minutes. Next, I slide the filter over a piece of pipe and "spin wash" the filter using a nozzle on the water hose. What little debris accumulates in my filters slings out due to the centrifugal force. There is filter cleaner on the market that uses this principle. I prefer the sturdy ceramic fiber material of the Tri-X filters over the more delicate standard filters.
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:32:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42