What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Securing Circ Pump - HotSpring Vanguard  (Read 2704 times)

ddb

Securing Circ Pump - HotSpring Vanguard
« on: January 27, 2009, 10:22:08 am »
Hello,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster, but I had to get this one off my chest.  I recently had to have the circ pump in my 2006 Hot Spring Vanguard replaced. The work was done under warranty, so other than the trip charge I am not out of pocket, but on the first trip out the technician did not secure the new pump.  I was told they do not secure circ pumps, especially this new one that has replaced the older models, and the only reason they are secured in the first place is to hold them in place during shipping. They came out anyway and fixed that and another screw-up, but I wondered what the Hot Spring techs on this board had to say about that, as it doesn't make sense to my non-engineering, somewhat paranoid mind.

Thanks

Doug

Hot Tub Forum

Securing Circ Pump - HotSpring Vanguard
« on: January 27, 2009, 10:22:08 am »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Securing Circ Pump - HotSpring Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:40:28 am »
I'm not sure why this was posted in General and not the regular forum but I often haven’t secured a circ pump...As I get older and more concerned I try to make sure and do it simply because we have so many military customers that move a lot and I don't want to chance an upset customer.

I would have to say though it really is not a big deal and most are not screwed down when replaced....If a customer was concerned about it I would do the same thing your dealer did and put some screws in but I would think that they really needed their hot tub more than most people to relax a bit! ;)

Having said that it's about 5 below here this AM and we're going to replace the 4th circ pump, on a D1 Lotus Bay in a windy area, on a deck covered in snow and ice. I'm probably not going to worry about the mounting. :P

As a tech we often appreciate the guy that replaced a pump before us and didn't put those back screws in that you have to be a contortionist to reach.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:41:18 am by stuart »

ddb

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 11:20:27 am »
Thanks for the reply. I probably *do* need the hot tub more than most.  It's just that in my business (computers), I tend to secure things like boards and such, when I know others don't, as I've seen things happen that shouldn't when, for example, boards get worked out of contact.

The tech had to come back out anyway, as he didn't hook the ozone back up, so no skin off his back.

As for the wrong forum, I was just trying to multi-task (read do too much)  and got it in the wrong forum, if the mods could please move it I would appreciate it.

Thanks again.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 11:26:28 am »
Thanks for the reply. I probably *do* need the hot tub more than most.  It's just that in my business (computers), I tend to secure things like boards and such, when I know others don't, as I've seen things happen that shouldn't when, for example, boards get worked out of contact.

The tech had to come back out anyway, as he didn't hook the ozone back up, so no skin off his back.

As for the wrong forum, I was just trying to multi-task (read do too much)  and got it in the wrong forum, if the mods could please move it I would appreciate it.

Thanks again.
Well,
Thanks for posting and welcome...we always look forward to new input and most of us are happy to answer questions!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 01:52:51 pm »
The screw really is just for shipping. If you feel a desire/need for one I'd do as Stuart said and only secure the front side (which is all you'd need for shipping anyway unless you're going cross country and even then...). That way if the day comes where you need to replace the pump again the person doing so won't swear at whoever preceded him and meaninglessly put in the back screw which is difficult to get to and isn’t really necessary.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:54:13 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 03:01:04 pm »
I often will leave them unsecured also but I do always tell the customer in case they decide to move the spa later.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 03:01:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42